PR XI conversion kit for the Tamiya kit

Lancman

If you're referring to the Tamiya Mk IXc kit, then I believe Pastor John (AIMS) has a conversion for the Mk. XI PR spitfire available (32P027).  I think it's available from Hannants.  Alleycat Models USED to have a Mk XI conversion but I dont' believe it's available any longer.

I’m probably wrong but weren’t the PRU Pink ones Mk.IX anyway? FR.IX? They were armed. Just need some of Pastor John’s Monotone Spitfire Decals and the camera port fashioning in the Radio hatch door area. He also has a set of cameras should you wish to put one in the bay. It’s what I will be doing when the time comes anyway. But I’m lazy.

Hello Lancman,

If you want a pink Spitfire from the Tamiya Mk. 9 kit, you don’t need a P.R. 11 conversion, because the version you are modelling is the F.R. IX. You just need the camera set, which is available separately.

Hope this helps,

Tony W.

2 hours ago, whitt_a said:

Hello Lancman,

If you want a pink Spitfire from the Tamiya Mk. 9 kit, you don’t need a P.R. 11 conversion, because the version you are modelling is the F.R. IX. You just need the camera set, which is available separately.

Hope this helps,

Tony W.

Please correct me if I,m wrong Tony but is it the 'Aims' conversion that has the F24 camera for the PR.IX. If so Lanceman be preppared to have a lot of other spare PR parts, as they do not sell the camera seperatly. 

2 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

I’m probably wrong but weren’t the PRU Pink ones Mk.IX anyway? FR.IX? They were armed. Just need some of Pastor John’s Monotone Spitfire Decals and the camera port fashioning in the Radio hatch door area. He also has a set of cameras should you wish to put one in the bay. It’s what I will be doing when the time comes anyway. But I’m lazy.

That's what I'm intending to do with the new 1/24 Airfix IXc (and, failing that, the Revell 1/32 IXc).

Just the one camera, so not an epic except the slightly convex left fuse camera port which should be ~9.3mm in diameter in 1/24 and 7mm in 1/32 — Aerocraft make a set of camera windows in 1/32.

It puzzles me why Airfix haven't made the hatch a separate part on its new big Spitty, which would have facilitated an AM drop-in hatch. Oh well.

If anyone wants just the one camera from the AIMs set I'll buy the remaining cameras and decals etc from them (for use on a PR Mossie).

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
adding stuff

19 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

It's a straightforward conversion with the Tamiya IX kit. I did one a couple years ago. The camera port is quite dark so you can't even see if there's a camera in it which there isn't in my case. 

IMG_20160312_115734-600x450.jpg

IMG_20160309_160517-600x450.jpg

Carl

Which is quite correct as the cameras were only fitted prior to a sortie and removed immediately on landing.

Nice model.

55 minutes ago, Tony T said:

That's what I'm intending to do with the new 1/24 Airfix IXc (and, failing that, the Revell 1/32 IXc).

Just the one camera, so not an epic except the slightly convex left fuse camera port which should be ~9.3mm in diameter in 1/24 and 7mm in 1/32 — Aerocraft make a set of camera windows in 1/32.

It puzzles me why Airfix haven't made the hatch a separate part on its new big Spitty, which would have facilitated an AM drop-in hatch. Oh well.

If anyone wants just the one camera from the AIMs set I'll buy the remaining cameras and decals etc from them (for use on a PR Mossie).

Tony 

The answer to the new Spitfire hatch - Cost :mellow: !

Jon