Most beautiful, iconic, fixed wing aircraft ever built.............go ahead, make your choice......

Bugatti E 100.  I think better suits most beautiful plane made.  I rule out every military plane as a matter of course.  They have things hanging off them, they have guns sticking out or are painted in colors that are not necessarily attractive.  So I am thinking clean lines, forms inspired by nature, nothing that is not needed on the plane sticking out.  For a plane to be the most beautiful lets start with stripping away everything it does not need to fly.  Simplicity is very important for a machine to get to attractive.  So I rule out everything that is camouflaged from the conversation.   Also unit markings or any other type of marking as it corrupts the lines of the plane.  A stripe or other contour painted item is permitted if it enhances the line of the machine.  

So there are my thoughts, the Bugatti is a perfect example to me of the elements of a Beautiful plane.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Methinks that beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder, here. A great design? Functional in the extreme? Yes and yes. Beautiful? Well, that's another matter entirely....

Cheers. 

Chris.  

Well that is actually the essence of what is concerning the Phantom:  it was once described by someone as a "model" being put together poorly by having the wing tips bent upward, and the horizontal tails being downward together with the nose section, so yes beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.......

On 9/7/2022 at 7:26 AM, cbk57 said:

Bugatti E 100.  I think better suits most beautiful plane made.  I rule out every military plane as a matter of course.  They have things hanging off them, they have guns sticking out or are painted in colors that are not necessarily attractive.  So I am thinking clean lines, forms inspired by nature, nothing that is not needed on the plane sticking out.  For a plane to be the most beautiful lets start with stripping away everything it does not need to fly.  Simplicity is very important for a machine to get to attractive.  So I rule out everything that is camouflaged from the conversation.   Also unit markings or any other type of marking as it corrupts the lines of the plane.  A stripe or other contour painted item is permitted if it enhances the line of the machine.  

So there are my thoughts, the Bugatti is a perfect example to me of the elements of a Beautiful plane.

while I agree the Bugatti 100 is a beautiful aircraft; for my taste the propellers destroy the elegant lines. It should really be a jet-

cheers

P