Question on F-16 Block 25 or Block 30 Aggressor from Tamiya Block 50 kit

ade rowlands

Something happened. Let us blame working night shifts for the first time in 2 and a bit years. I was ordering the Tamiya kit for the Aggressor project and decided I want a Polish Air Force Single seater with those CFTs so 2 kits were purchased. Ooops. Hopefully Techmod Decals have improved since I used them last as they seem to be the only game in town for a regular line jet and not a special scheme.

In Aggressor news though, I am going for the Black and White splinter scheme so that I can use the kit intake and exhaust as its a Block 30, and according to serial numbers its the second jet (86-0263) in the Block 30 Line to have the MCID intake, the serial number before it being the start of the MCID in the Block 30 jets(86-0262 being the first and I believe is a miG killer). The TwoBobs sheet offers 86-0263 (the second MCID Block 30 I referred to) and 86-0314. I don’t know which of the two I will build but I am at least decided on a scheme! So Pete, if you read this can you back up my theory that I can use the kit stuff to make a Block 30 and just need to use the Lightweight gear and doors? 

NSI intake and relevant exhaust that I had ordered already will now be shifted to my Polish Viper project.

Edited by ade rowlands

4 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Yep- you are on the right track.

the lightweight gear had different wheels BTW.

also, the inboard LEF attach point needs 1 less finger.

Wing stiffeners over the fuel tank area and stiffener around the teardrop RHAW blisters on the nose.

look at the link to my block30 I posted earlier and do that-

or see if you can find this issue of FSM - full build details in there

kx4PeBQ.jpg

cheers

P

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

5 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

Be careful Ade, you bought two already…..next thing you know, is you’ll end up with multiple schemes you desire, and you’re buying more. Someone I know has somehow ended up with 10. Can’t think who it might be :rofl:

Have you been digging through my stash? :frantic:

On 8/6/2022 at 9:31 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Yep- you are on the right track.

the lightweight gear had different wheels BTW.

also, the inboard LEF attach point needs 1 less finger.

Wing stiffeners over the fuel tank area and stiffener around the teardrop RHAW blisters on the nose.

look at the link to my block30 I posted earlier and do that-

or see if you can find this issue of FSM - full build details in there

kx4PeBQ.jpg

cheers

P

As great a reference I’m sure that would be, shipping costs 4 times more than the magazine. 

46 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

I ordered a KASL NSI intake a little while back and finally got it. On first look, it's much nicer than the GT Resin one that I have. 

PXL_20220812_180241712-600x450.jpg

It is really nice and crispy, and fits really well - however I dislike the fact that they molded the front part of the Main Landing Gear Bay as part of the intake. It makes it annoyingly difficult to use the Aires Wheelbay

/Niels

22 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

It is really nice and crispy, and fits really well - however I dislike the fact that they molded the front part of the Main Landing Gear Bay as part of the intake. It makes it annoyingly difficult to use the Aires Wheelbay

/Niels

I've decided against using the Aires Gear Bay. Have to stop throwing money at these projects somewhere. 

Tamiya kit arrived today, along with a Tamiya Strike Eagle that somehow ended up in my order too. 

1 hour ago, ade rowlands said:

I've decided against using the Aires Gear Bay. Have to stop throwing money at these projects somewhere. 

Tamiya kit arrived today, along with a Tamiya Strike Eagle that somehow ended up in my order too. 

I hear you - I also usually get two kits delivered when I only wanted to order one - strange ^_^

Just for info, Greek Company, Grand Models also recently released an NSI intake set for the Tamiya kit. Its just as nice as the KASL one but without the front end of the main gear bay part.

https://grandmodels.gr/el/132-resin-conversions/40-132-f-16c-nsi-intake-conversion-set.html

/Niels