Tamiya F-14A into a B?

Eli Raphael

Sure, with the right conversion parts.  If you have the Black Knights boxings, you just need the GE engines and exhaust shrouds, and possibly a new cockpit if you want things like the Sparrowhawk HUD, square PTID, and LANTIRN control stick.  Over the years, a number of companies have made conversions for the Tamiya kit.  Cutting Edge and Wolfpack to name a couple, but the CE stuff is long OOP.

3 hours ago, Madelf75 said:

I think it be easy to just use Reskit engines ,they have a set just design for Trumpeter or tamiya kit 

Are you sure they released a B/D conversion for the Tamiya kit? As far as I know they released detailed resin parts replacing the exhausts parts of both kits and I'm not sure the parts made for the Trumpeter B or D can be used as such on the Tamiya A.

I‘m using the Aires GE engines on my current Tamiya F-14D build, they work pretty well. There is obviously some cutting and filling involved but the fit is generally good. Make sure you sand off the little raised detail on the exhaust feathers, which is also super quick to do.

Here‘s a better look at the set:

https://ipmsusa.org/reviews2/aircraft/details/aires_32/aires_32_f14-exh.htm

Cheers,

Marcel

PS I used the Trumpeter inside intakes to build the intakes on the Tamiya kit… those are easy to find since most Trumpeter Tomcat builders use the Zacto intakes

1 hour ago, PhilB said:

In a galaxy far, far away and many years ago I did this conversion using Avionix/Black box pit, Aires exhaust cans and a couple of bits from Wolfpack and others.

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/30336-f-14b-tomcat-vf-103-jolly-rogers/

Still one of the best bloody kitties on the site! 

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Still one of the best bloody kitties on the site! 

Tanks !
Tanks a million! :D

What is sad is hovering over the member's avatars who commented on that thread and seeing how many haven't logged in here in years.

Also RIP to those no longer with us.

We need to get the band back together...................................:punk:

• 5 weeks later...