Discount Hobby Zone?

LSP_K2

15 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Google them. If they have dissed enough people then the stain will be evident. 

I didn't see anything bad, so perhaps it would be OK to order. If I pay with PayPal, at least I'm covered that way. Now I'm having second thoughts about the book anyway, as I'm reviewing a similar title right now and am really not all that impressed.

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I didn't see anything bad, so perhaps it would be OK to order. If I pay with PayPal, at least I'm covered that way. Now I'm having second thoughts about the book anyway, as I'm reviewing a similar title right now and am really not all that impressed.

Whats the title of the book you're after?

Matty

2 hours ago, LSP_Matt said:

Whats the title of the book you're after?

Matty

It's the Kagero Fokker D.VII book, from the newer Famous Airplanes series. I'm reviewing the similar Albatros D.III/D.V book right now, and am far less than impressed. I  assume the D.VII title will be much the same, so I probably won't waste my money on it.

15 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

It's the Kagero Fokker D.VII book, from the newer Famous Airplanes series. I'm reviewing the similar Albatros D.III/D.V book right now, and am far less than impressed. I  assume the D.VII title will be much the same, so I probably won't waste my money on it.

I think I have those titles in the ones I'm currently sorting through.  I'll have to grab and check them.  They seem good quality but a lot of model builds. Top quality builds and photos but less than stellar proof-reading.

D.VII seems much the same. Crikey though...those model builds are insanely genius and the photography is aspirational.

Cheers Matty

9 hours ago, LSP_Matt said:

I think I have those titles in the ones I'm currently sorting through.  I'll have to grab and check them.  They seem good quality but a lot of model builds. Top quality builds and photos but less than stellar proof-reading.

D.VII seems much the same. Crikey though...those model builds are insanely genius and the photography is aspirational.

Cheers Matty

That's precisely what turns me off; very little on the actual aircraft, and way too much model stuff, though the models are admittedly real nice. When I acquire a book on the Albatros, I expect the book to be devoted to the Albatros itself, not models of it.

5 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

That's precisely what turns me off; very little on the actual aircraft, and way too much model stuff, though the models are admittedly real nice. When I acquire a book on the Albatros, I expect the book to be devoted to the Albatros itself, not models of it.

My preference exactly.  I'm afraid I can't help with your original question.