AMP 32nd TH-55 Osage Almost here

John1

• LSP_K2 changed the title to AMP 32nd TH-55 Osage Almost here
  • 4 weeks later...

I received mine today from the Aviation Megastore in the Netherlands.

My quick look:

Beautiful model, very delicate parts with subtle details. The cockpit 'decals' are 3d printed, just great and very nice! Canopy looks very nice and clear. Decals are nice as well, printed in register and good color saturation. The printed resin parts, rotorhead and cylinder heads look very nice as well, beautiful delicate printwork. Clear and well printed instructions included.

Sadly there were some small parts that were short-shot and did not fully get formed on the sprue. You can see it on the sprue with the rotor blades on the bottom part where the 7 small thin parts are in a row. They seem to be relatively easy to make though. Some parts also had minor flash, nothing serious and should be easy to clean.

Some parts do not seem to be used in building this kit so maybe there will be another version as well in the future.

All in all I am very happy with this beautiful kit and can recommend it. 

Best regards,

Marc

Edited by Buster99
correction due to grammatical error

Ok, now that this is here, let me reiterate:  Unless you want to do a large amount of scratchbuilding, you cannot build a modern day S-300C (269C) or S-300CB (269C-1) from this kit, there are too many differences. You may be able to make a 269B from this kit but that's about as far as my remembering takes me.

Edited by Juggernut

1 hour ago, Juggernut said:

Ok, now that this is here, let me reiterate:  Unless you want to do a large amount of scratchbuilding, you cannot build a modern day S-300C (269C) or S-300CB (269C-1) from this kit, there are too many differences. You may be able to make a 269B from this kit but that's about as far as my remembering takes me.

Is that a problem given that it's a TH-55?