Andy's Hobby HQs 1/16th M4A3 76W HVSS Sherman is up for Pre-Order!

Hey guys, I know the 1/16th Andy's Sherman got mentioned in the RC tank and my 1/35th scale build threads, but I figured it might warrant a new post. 

I've pre-ordered mine, and I'm very excited. This will be the build thread when I get it!  I have to say, the only disappointment is the shocks on the HVSS units do not move in and out. This should be do-able at 1/16th, if Dragon pulled it off on a 1/35 kit. Other than that, it looks like a very nice kit. The pre-order price is for what you can cat the M3 1/16th light tanks for! 

https://andyshhq.com/

This has been one of those weeks, so It was nice to get such exciting news. I wonder if anyone will have a P/E set out for it by release. 

Yeah I was very surprised by the price myself!  

Someone is making a set of  US Tank riders for it too. 

https://armorama.com/news/u-s--m4a3e8-sherman-tank-riders

I hope this kit does well enough it gets them to do more. They could very easily do a M4A3 75W HVSS and VVSS using most of the molds from this kit. They could do an M4A3 105 too. 

Edited by JeepsGunsTanks

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, TankBuster said:

Hi I waiting for it to arrive in Australia, would also like to know if all these Sherman easy eight kits are the same moldings as Andy's will be the third one released. Cheers.

Don't know if they are the same moldings, but I know the I love Kit(Trumpeter subsidiary I believe) version is different, as its the early version with split loaders hatch, and the box shows it having the later T80 tracks. Andy's has the later loaders hatch and T66 tracks. His is being molded by Takom, as I recall. I would find it hard to believe that there isn't some cross pollination in all these new 1/16 kits, why else would we get 3(?) new Stugs, 3 new Panzers 3's, and now at least 2 HVSS Shermans, all at the same time? I know the Heller kits are reboxings, but just too much of a coincidence that Das Werk, Trumpeter/I love Kit/Gallery/Heller all get the same subjects at the same time. That, or just the most blatant case of industrial espionage in the history of model kits!

Edited by eoyguy

Hi after doing some research yestreday  I love kit is trumpeter and different to the two Takom versions. So we have one from Trumpeter and one from Andy's and one from Takom which is available from Hobbyeasy. They just like buses and all turn up at once. Cheers. 

45 minutes ago, TankBuster said:

Hi after doing some research yestreday  I love kit is trumpeter and different to the two Takom versions. So we have one from Trumpeter and one from Andy's and one from Takom which is available from Hobbyeasy. They just like buses and all turn up at once. Cheers. 

Unless I am missing it, the one from Takom is the one Andy is selling. On the box its listed as AHHQ-001. Takom is doing the design,molding, etc for Andy.

5 hours ago, JeepsGunsTanks said:

Seems to be the same kit, it has the Andy HQ part number. 

Yes same kit. I'm sure they have some kind of agreement with Andy to put their logo on it since they are doing all the design, molding, etc. I wouldn't be surprised that if at some point down the road, we didn't see a boxing of it of their own, perhaps with other options. But yeah, its the same kit.