Choices - Choices? Su-30 or Eurofighter or F-35?

Aviacom

Am I only person who finds the F-35 pretty-darned "plain" to look at? For me, it's an airframe with almost no discernable "personality" (yes, I am talking about an inanimate object as if it were a human-being... not a good habit, but...). 

The F-4, F-105, F-16, F/A-18, A-10, F-104, Su-27, most of the earlier Migs, Tornado..... For me, these airframes simply oozed good-looks and superbly-defined functionality. 

This is an emotional response and not a logical one. It is also entirely, utterly subjective. 

Other users' mileage may (very likely) vary. 

Chris. 

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Correcting a typo.

6 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Am I only person who finds the F-35 pretty-darned "plain" to look at? For me, it's an airframe with almost no discernable "personality" (yes, I am talking about an inanimate object as if it were a human-being... not a good habit, but...). 

The F-4, F-105, F-16, F/A-18, A-10, F-104, Su-27, most of the earlier Migs, Tornado..... For me, these airframes simply oozed good-looks and superbly-defined functionality. 

This is an emotional response and not a logical one. It is also entirely, utterly subjective. 

Other uses mileage may (very likely) vary. 

Chris. 

well...ya

and also why I'm putting Canadian markings on mine. If I get that far, masking those RAM panels is giving me nighmares!

9 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

That goes for most modern aircraft, I agree with You to 100%!  

Stefan :beer:

11 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Chris. 

Indeed, if we consider cold War jets were somewhat similar to lifelike bodies, the last generation fighters look like robots!

10 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Am I only person who finds the F-35 pretty-darned "plain" to look at?

yep, definitely an ugly grey blob which i why I've not got one in my collection. Will be tempted by a B version I suspect.