Das Boot ....Revell's (Baby 1/144) U96 Type VIIC in mid Atlantic

Panzerwomble

Been watching the "new" Das boot .....and had this lil thing tucked away . At 60 ish  pieces it was a quick build , and then built the seascape same method as the S Boat earlier this year - decoupage, paint , lots of liquitex and then sticking cotton wool to your fingers with liquitex. On the whole think I enjoyed the S boat more . So "watery thing" part deux for July. 

Cheers 

PW 

IMG-0899.jpg

IMG-0900.jpg

IMG-0893.jpg

IMG-0894.jpg

IMG-0902.jpg

Edited by Panzerwomble

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Das Boot ....Revell's (Baby 1/144) U96 Type VIIC in mid Atlantic
1 hour ago, MikeC said:

Very nicely done :goodjob:.  I seem to recall that U96 was Otto Kretschmer's boat. I read "The Golden Horseshoe" many years ago.

I read the book (Das Boot) a few years ago, apparently Lothar-Günther Buchheim was a bit of a grouchy sod in later life, walking of the set of the film and declared it a travesty of his book.....despite it being the highest budget German production of all time . Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock was the captain on U96 when Buchheim was aboard. 

Edited by Panzerwomble

29 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

I read the book (Das Boot) a few years ago, apparently Lothar-Günther Buchheim was a bit of a grouchy sod in later life, walking of the set of the film and declared it a travesty of his book.....despite it being the highest budget German production of all time . Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock was the captain on U96 when Buchheim was aboard. 

My mistake: Kretschmer was U-99 - well I was only 3 out!  Apologies.