Su-34 Fullback??

Aviacom

Hi,

My favourite jet by miles, the ultimate one and only!

Is there a conversion set available to make one from any of the Trumpeter Su-27/30 Kits?

If not, any plans around that can be used to make one?

Surely, with it being one of the most common Soviet/Russian modern jets, there has to be a way of doing one?

Any help and or advice would be very gratefully appreciated.

I was just falling off my chair when I saw the topic, thinking that this is a new release.

No conversion sets I am aware of but I think it would take more than a conversion set to make a proper one, considering the many shape differences to a Su-27.

This is my most favourite Russian modern jet. I am very serious to say that I will buy at least 4-5 kits of such a release and materials don't matter. Styrene, resin, concrete, carbonfiber, pudding or whatever!

Sad but true, there are currently no conversion sets and if they existed they’d be extensive. I’m holding out hope that Trumpeter or Hobbyboss will get to the Fullback someday, since they’ve covered it in smaller scales. Another company could surprise us, like JetMads did with their recent 1/32 F-22 announcement.

Back in 2015, LSP member Mr. Smith began a Su-34 conversion using Trumpeter’s Su-27UB as a starting point. Plans used are in his early post. I think Duke Hawkins is working on a Fullback volume to add to their excellent Flanker books. Keep your eyes peeled for that one.

Cheers

Adam

Just checked the dimensions of the aircraft: 23.34 x 14.7m, wiki says. Which makes it 73cm x 46 cm in 1/32 !! Monster!

I had built the HB 1/48, nice kit full of weapons but with the worst nose shape and profile this aircraft could ever had. Still a very big kit and a 1/32 version needs a properly big display space if any brave manufacturer would ever come up with one.

Hopefully it doesn't involve Trumpeter/Hobbyboss up-scaling their 1/48 kit. That thing has a ton of problems. You'd be better off starting with the KH one, and I suppose trying to CAD design and 3D print one from there.

Matt