Gulf War Viper

Cheetah11

On 10/31/2022 at 11:04 AM, alain11 said:

Hi Nick

that turns nice,you are closes to the end !!!! Well done!!!! 

Oh !!! BTW , which bad words could we Say in such situation ...... I  mean the decal That does what it wants !!!!!!!

I wonder:rolleyes:..........

Alain 

Hi Alain, I think I only said "Naughty Decal!" :rofl:

On 10/31/2022 at 12:20 PM, Stokey Pete said:

Excellent work, I love the mix and matching of bits from various kits to get what you need. 

Thanks Pete, my interest have shifted to the earlier F-16's and the easy way by using the Tamiya Thunderbird kit is not readily available, so plans have to be made to cross kit. 

Cheers

Nick

The last pieces of the puzzle. I managed to pry the Tamiya lightweight gear doors from an earlier build. Fortunately without damage. 

8B8D670C-F9A5-4008-8E02-460800049780.jpg

Only to cast copies now. I find the 3-D printer most useful for printing casting boxes. It was always a pain building these from plastic card and sealing them .

The new RTV rubber I am using is so good that it even creeps through the sides of a LEGO box so the printed boxes has made this part of my life much easier.

D894919C-BDC2-4952-8B31-27E22747A408.jpg

The new doors finished and primed. I can now easily do my Academy kit as a Block 30 aggressor or a Danish MLU with little effort.

26EF141B-C1B2-43BE-98E8-FFD7CB36917A.jpg

The last piece of AM will be a side stick (I almost called it a control column :mental:) from Quickboost. Then only to assemble all the parts.

C9EEA110-DCCE-4D90-AC52-A7D118EF8A3D.jpg

Cheers

Nick

On 11/10/2022 at 9:40 PM, albymoore said:

Fantastic looking Viper, Nick! Love those ODS nose art F-16s. 

Cheers,

Albert

Thanks for the compliment Albert. I think the ODS F-16 nose art was the best in the theatre. A pity they were made with non permanent paint and did not last.

Cheers

Nick

Lovely example of creative problem solving Nick - it sure looks looks Desert Stormy to me! Pity the Elite decals didn't live up to your elite stencils. Would have been nice to see what the nose art looks like... I assume it's a girl in an unusually conservative one-piece swimming costume, riding a bomb, 'Dr Strangelove' style? 

9 hours ago, Madmax said:

Lovely example of creative problem solving Nick - it sure looks looks Desert Stormy to me! Pity the Elite decals didn't live up to your elite stencils. Would have been nice to see what the nose art looks like... I assume it's a girl in an unusually conservative one-piece swimming costume, riding a bomb, 'Dr Strangelove' style? 

I think we’re gonna need a close-up of that nose art!

23 hours ago, Madmax said:

You are assuming correctly Sean. I will try and find a better picture when posting the RFI. There is also some details on the girl of this nose art.

14 hours ago, themongoose said:

I think we’re gonna need a close-up of that nose art!

Definitely, but only if no wives from that deployment sees the post.

In the mean time I took two photos before cementing the canopy closed. Old school resin cockpit from Black Box still makes the cockpit look busy but not as refined as the latest 3-d printed cockpits plus my painting skill is not the greatest.

12B32A45-FBDC-4DF1-95D1-7C473FB2D433.jpg

B0738660-4E22-4E21-9795-D0E564C918C7.jpg

Cheers 

Nick