JASDF Phantom stencils

Title says it all. I am currently painting a Revell Phantom as  JASDF in the 2 tone blue scheme. These aircraft appear to have a ton of stencils. Question, can I use basic stencils in English or do Japanese Phantoms have unique stencils.

TIA, Dan

40 minutes ago, Dandiego said:

Title says it all. I am currently painting a Revell Phantom as  JASDF in the 2 tone blue scheme. These aircraft appear to have a ton of stencils. Question, can I use basic stencils in English or do Japanese Phantoms have unique stencils.

TIA, Dan

Hi Dan

Sounds like you really need this decal sheet from DXM:

Models & Kits Decals DXM decal 1/32 JASDF F-4EJ Kai Super Phantom 8SQ Sea  Camouflage

It is still available so you should be able to source it quite easily 

/Niels

That is such a cool paint job.. I have my eye on that as well. 

I have been looking hard for the F-4EJ Kai update set by Wolfpack to do the full conversion of the Tamiya kit. There was one for sale on eBay a few weeks back but I narrowly missed it :BANGHEAD2:

I actually bought the DXM decal set to make the same model as you

Niels 

4 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

That is such a cool paint job.. I have my eye on that as well. 

I have been looking hard for the F-4EJ Kai update set by Wolfpack to do the full conversion of the Tamiya kit. There was one for sale on eBay a few weeks back but I narrowly missed it :BANGHEAD2:

I actually bought the DXM decal set to make the same model as you

Niels 

Neil's. I have wanted to do this paint scheme for years. I had a Revell F-4E kit that was on the shelf of doom. So I dusted it off and here I am. I am not doing all of the changes necessary to build an EJ. I am also sure that I don't have the correct colors as well. Masking is a big pain. Yes I know there is a mask set for this, just didn't want to spend that much on a SOD Revell kit.

Anyway it is fun, and it looks cool.

Dan

1 hour ago, Dandiego said:

Yes there are shape issues. Biggest issue was the nose and I re-contoured it with body putty. Cockpit was a mess, set way to low. Canopies don't fit in the closed position. 

Dan

If you have them, be sure to hang on to the unslotted stabs from the RF-4 kit as they are most accurate size out there.