Border 1/35 Kate

John1

I still want a 1/35 accurate Vietnam era Thud and recce Voodoo, as that scale now seems to offer the best LSP hope for either. And if it's successful add F-111A, RF-4C etc. 

Don't throw out the baby with bathwater please mods! I am sincere, not joking nor maligning 1/35. That scale is offering LSP kits, not resin. Good on them.

Ditto ICM's Tahre. It may represent a seismic shift in scale.

Tony 

24 minutes ago, Tony T said:

gone

Yup, disappointing that a certain someone says we are all entitled to our own opinions on a given scale then has a pop at everyone who says 35th is the wrong scale for LSP and looking back at the history that is pretty well born out by what we have now after all these years. 

Thus is one of those old WnW threads that's going nowhere and needs shutting down. Kate is looking pretty though but would never but her though. 

Regards. Andy 

3 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

I for one am curious to see the Border models treatment of this kit. How many 48th kits are there of this plane?

For 1/48, I remember the old Nichimo kit, and the newer Hasegawa kit.  As was typical for Hasegawa, there were various boxings and versions.

Edited by Dave Williams

13 hours ago, Tony T said:

I still want a 1/35 accurate Vietnam era Thud and recce Voodoo, as that scale now seems to offer the best LSP hope for either. And if it's successful add F-111A, RF-4C etc. 

Don't throw out the baby with bathwater please mods! I am sincere, not joking nor maligning 1/35. That scale is offering LSP kits, not resin. Good on them.

Ditto ICM's Tahre. It may represent a seismic shift in scale.

Tony 

I understand your point but I would not hold my breath for such releases. Only Border is releasing such plane kits and with a clear focus on WW2. Nothing indicates any intention to release big jets. I'm also crying for getting such large scale jet kits but I'm not convinced they will be ever released in plastic. 1/32 or 1/35 does not really make any noticeable difference in investment for such a company.

So, with two Border 1/35 aircraft released and one announced, I think I see the beginning of a pattern. Bf-109, Ju-87 and B5N were iconic, workhorse aircraft in service for the duration of the war for their respective countries. My bet is that Border will follow-up will a Zero, keeping the fighter+bomber national combo theme going, then shift to another country’s iconic pair, if things go well. 

Both Border’s Bf-109 and Ju-87  kits were reviewed at Hyperscale this week. They sound like real mixed-bags. The reviewer seems pretty sure that there will be aftermarket support for corrections and details. Wishful thinking or insider knowledge? I dunno.

Even though I’m a 1/32nd and larger modeler, I have to say that the included folded-wing option for Border’s Kate is really appealing. If Infinity’s 1/32nd Kate doesn’t offer that feature in the box (cough), I’ll probably buy the Border kit, if it’s really good. 

Cheers

Adam

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I understand your point but I would not hold my breath for such releases. Only Border is releasing such plane kits and with a clear focus on WW2. Nothing indicates any intention to release big jets. I'm also crying for getting such large scale jet kits but I'm not convinced they will be ever released in plastic. 1/32 or 1/35 does not really make any noticeable difference in investment for such a company.

No breath being held. But it wouldn't surprise me either...

1 hour ago, adameliclem said:

So, with two Border 1/35 aircraft released and one announced, I think I see the beginning of a pattern. Bf-109, Ju-87 and B5N were iconic, workhorse aircraft in service for the duration of the war for their respective countries. My bet is that Border will follow-up will a Zero, keeping the fighter+bomber national combo theme going, then shift to another country’s iconic pair, if things go well. 

Both Border’s Bf-109 and Ju-87  kits were reviewed at Hyperscale this week. They sound like real mixed-bags. The reviewer seems pretty sure that there will be aftermarket support for corrections and details. Wishful thinking or insider knowledge? I dunno.

Even though I’m a 1/32nd and larger modeler, I have to say that the included folded-wing option for Border’s Kate is really appealing. If Infinity’s 1/32nd Kate doesn’t offer that feature in the box (cough), I’ll probably buy the Border kit, if it’s really good. 

Cheers

Adam

...as the F-105D/F, RF-101C and F-4B-J series, inter alia, were Vietnam War workhorses. 

The subject that would really sell 1/35 to me would be an HH-53C Super Jolly, but with a selection of Tamiya and Hasegawa Japanese prop subjects in 1/32 the Infinity Kate is a more natural acquisition.

Tony 

34 minutes ago, Tony T said:

…the Infinity Kate is a more natural acquisition.

Oh yeah, if you’re prepared to pay extra for the folding wings and other ‘after-market’ goods that Infinity proposes to compliment their own kits. :lol:

34 minutes ago, quang said:

Oh yeah, if you’re prepared to pay extra for the folding wings and other ‘after-market’ goods that Infinity proposes to compliment their own kits. :lol:

No, just the Infinity plastic for me. The further I get from cyanoacrylate adhesives the happier I am.

Getting the Border then having to hide it behind the 1/32 subject matter so it didn't look out of place would be depressing. Or do you put it on the 1/35 follow-on kits of the Akagi, Kaga, Soryu, Hiryu, Shokaku or Zuikaku? Coming to you in 104 weekly instalments and doubles as a wine fridge? :lol:

Tony