Border 1/35 Kate

John1

14 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

1/35 wouldnt exist if it wasnt for Tamiya

After all, scale is just an acquired taste. Remember the Monogram 1/32 tanks in the 1970s? They looked so clumsy compared to the Tamiya just by their sheer size.

Lots of helo kits are 1/35, but there seems to be little screaming about that. Yet this Kate has everyone up in arms that it isn't 1/32....seems strange to me.

1 hour ago, BradG said:

Lots of helo kits are 1/35, but there seems to be little screaming about that. Yet this Kate has everyone up in arms that it isn't 1/32....seems strange to me.

The 1/35 scale for helicopters seems to have been mostly settled by now.  Except for Revell and a smattering of releases here and there by other companies, most helicopter kits these days are released in 1/35.

On 7/10/2022 at 2:39 PM, Lee White said:

If any members have the 1/35 Stuka and a "regular" 1/32 Stuka, would you be so kind as to post some pics so we can compare and contrast? Thanks!

A review of the Border Ju-87G posted today at Hyperscale. No comparison pics between Border and Hasegawa’s 1/32nd effort but the reviewer offers a written comparison. 

Cheers

Adam

On 7/10/2022 at 11:12 AM, PHBIO said:

Personally I'll boycot this scale. There is no logical reason to propose another large scale. There are few new lsp projects and display consistency is preferable. For the dioramas we just need some popular 1/32 vehicles like jeep willis, kubelwagen, dodge ....

I think this is hilarious. You think there is no logical reason to produce aircraft models out of the "established" 1/32 scale. Yet you want vehicles made to an relative un-established military vehicle scale, outside of the well established 1/35 scale.

18 hours ago, steel_tiger said:

I think this is hilarious. You think there is no logical reason to produce aircraft models out of the "established" 1/32 scale. Yet you want vehicles made to an relative un-established military vehicle scale, outside of the well established 1/35 scale. Hypocritical much?

paper kitten... that's hilarious. If diorama is the reason to produce 1/35 and according to the number of 1/32 historical produced kits then  it's more logical to produce 4 ou 5 airfield vehicules.

Gents - please, enough.

Please limit any further comments to the merits of the kit and drop further debate on scale - I think everyone understands that some will be happy, and some not.

Any further 'debate' will just run around in ever decreasing circles of potential animosity...  :deadhorse:

Interested parties can vote with their wallets!  :)

Iain

i will get one if they make more japanese birds that are not available . if the 32 is released before then i will do that one . but scales are secondary to the quality . wait and see !

On 7/13/2022 at 11:02 PM, Iain said:

Gents - please, enough.

Please limit any further comments to the merits of the kit and drop further debate on scale - I think everyone understands that some will be happy, and some not.

Any further 'debate' will just run around in ever decreasing circles of potential animosity...  :deadhorse:

Interested parties can vote with their wallets!  :)

Iain

I've regrettably hidden a few posts that were re-engaging debate about the scale this kit is moulded in.

Nothing especially egregious or bothersome but given Iain did unambiguously say it had to cease (twice) and explained why, I've just made sure his directions as a mod are followed.

Thanks

Matt