Border 1/35 Kate

John1

13 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

I seem to remember reading that ICM were planning to produce their new AH-1G kits in both 1/32nd and 1/35th scales. For very obvious reasons, that plan might well be on hold at the moment. 

Chris. 

If ICM had originally released the Cobra in 1/35, it probably still would have sold well.  People have come to accept helicopters (grudgingly or not) in 1/35 scale, but releasing it in 1/32 and then later 1/35 never made a lot of sense.  All of those people who already spent the money on the 1/32 kits, plus all the aftermarket for it, are unlikely to spend again on a 1/35 release.  If the plan is actually on hold, it’s probably because common sense creeped in for releasing in both scales, not because people wouldn’t have wanted a 1/35 Cobra.

Aircraft in 1/35 scale are different.  1/32 has become by far the defacto large scale for airplanes, and few people are interested in a 10% smaller scale version.  Border Model making a few kits in 1/35 isn’t going to change 1/32’s dominance for aircraft.

I’ve been waiting for a nice 1/32 Jeep and other light vehicles to go with my 1/32 kits.

Looks like I am actually more likely to be getting 1/35 aircraft that will fit with the available 1/35 vehicles I have already…

I thought the 1/35 aircraft kits were heresy at first, but if they keep it, there is potential there in the future.

Alain

Edited by Alain Gadbois

2 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Just curious… if someone were to build one of Border’s 1/35 scale aircraft, could it be posted on the Works In Progress board or would it go on the Non-LSP forum?

Aircraft and helicopters, 1/35 and larger. Good to go (apart from the heresy that is 1/35 scale aircraft).

Kev

Since (IMO) the only "decent" IJN airplane from Pearl Harbor, available in large scale, is the A6M2, I'm pretty happy that I'll soon be able to build both a Val and a Kate . I guess I'm unique I that I'm not wrapped around the axle by the scale. Having said that-I am curious as to why Border picked 1/35th. Maybe their market research guy didn't do his homework :)

It looks like it’s going to be a great kit and it’s not another messyspitwolfstang!

The scale is fine with me, I don’t have a 1/1 example in the garage to measure so I’m not concerned, perhaps they could have made it in 1/32 to appease the scale junkies and therefore made a few more sales, but as I tried to drunkenly intimate, for me it’s the subject, not the scale.

2 hours ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

for me it’s the subject, not the scale.

So true! Unless you’re exposing your model side-by-side with others or in a diorama, it doesn’t make sense to know that it’s 1/32 or 1/33.5.
Especially when it’s a model you’ve waited all your lifetime to happen.

Keep in mind that one only needs his own eyes to assess a scale model. No need for a micrometer, a spectroscope or a Wood’s lamp to tell if a model is good or not… despite what the judges in model shows say. :rolleyes:

Im disapointed Whit 1/35 scale, It would be in 1/32 scale I built one

We can do pressure towards the maker Border for listen  the modelers

We could choose one day, and together sends hundres or thousands of email request them donin 1/32 scale

Maybe It do anything. If the sales in 1/35 scale do not work maybe they think about 1/32 scale