Border 1/35 Kate

John1

8 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

1/35 was a really dumb move. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

Are we talking generally, here? I would think Tamiya and several other makers might disagree on this one... The Japanese manufacturers will always do their best to keep their local market happy. I would theorize that the "Rest of the World" would come a VERY distant second, in their opinion. 

Chris. 

16 hours ago, Juggernut said:

By the looks of the responses here so far, they'll be losing quite a few....

According to a couple of guys who work in local hobby shops, the 1/35 aircraft kits are very hard to move off the shelves and out the door. 

It looks good though

Matty

1 hour ago, LSP_Matt said:

According to a couple of guys who work in local hobby shops, the 1/35 aircraft kits are very hard to move off the shelves and out the door. 

It looks good though

Matty

Another reason explaining they do not seem to sell very well is the proximity with the 1/32 Trumpeter releases. I do not see many people having the Trumpeter kits buying the Border ones. This may explain why they are now testing the waters with a totally new topic. I'm afraid they will essentially got a lot of Flak...

2 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Didn’t Eduard already do that once, albeit they were actually *trying* to make a 1/48 109 lol

Some gentler minds would say ‘inadvertently’. :P

There are plenty of Stukas and 109's in ppl's stashes to keep them from buying the Border 1/35's.  Those two kits are pretty expensive here in AUS.  But, I only have one IJA plane and no IJN planes.  I could see myself buying one, one day.  And if they came out with an A6M3 with square wing tips...   in a heartbeat.

Do ya want the plane or don't ya?

Apologies to you scale purists.