Z-M's Messerschmitt Bf-109G14/U4

Dpgsbody55

12 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

Just wondering if anyone with the kit would have the time to measure the dimensions of the box?

Need to work out some shipping cost stuff and would be greatly appreciated to get the box size.

cheers 

In cm, 41.7 x 28.5 x 11.5, imperial in inches, 16 5/8 x 11 1/4 x 4 5/8.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:35 AM, Kagemusha said:

It is limited, but how many, I don't think it's been mentioned, I seem to recall they had a limited release 1/48 F-4EJ, which sold out, but the numbers might be different.

I'd treat yourself now if you can.

I just saw the J7 Shinden back - I thought that was gone for good... So it might be like most other manufacturers that they do a run and then another run a few years later...

4 minutes ago, Thomas Lund said:

I just saw the J7 Shinden back - I thought that was gone for good... So it might be like most other manufacturers that they do a run and then another run a few years later...

It's a tenth anniversary release, they're going to be producing various variants;  "G-2’’ ‘‘G-4’’ ‘‘G-6 Early Type’’ ‘‘G-6 Late Type’’ ‘‘G-14’’ and ‘‘G-6/U4’’, no doubt those will be always available.

2 hours ago, Lancman said:

Maybe a daft question for the uninitiated like me but after reading the previous comments is it possible to build a G6 from this kit.:hmmm:

Cheers 

Graham 

Hi Graham, yes , of course, about the G-6 possibilities from this kit, the answer is:

"-- G-6 standard (Original canopy and 030 engine cowlings) without the "Compressed Air" hatch in section 5 of the fuselage on the right.
-- G-6/U4 (original canopy and 030 engine cowlings) without the "Erla" hatch of the G-6/U2 on the right.
-- G-6/U2 (original canopy and 040 engine cowlings) with additional "Erla" hatch on the right.
-- G-6MW50 (040 engine cowlings) without the "Compressed Air" hatch of MK 108.
-- G-6MW50/U4 (040 engine cowlings) with the "Compressed Air" hatch of the MK 108.

Hope this helps

22 hours ago, Andreas Beck said:

@Radu:

Will the surplus engine cowlings fit the Revell kit (well the, rear meat ball halves will have to be done on ones own)

Cheers and Congrats! Great work, as always....

Andreas Beck

I think someone would have to sit down and attempt this.  Without both kits in your hands it is impossible to be sure, but I would be that nuances between two models will insure that making the cowling panels from one fit the other will be a tedious if not painful project.  How many times on this website have we seen kits lay down fuselages over known drawings and seen sligh variations between an accepted drawing and the kit?  Well two kits completely independently tooled are not in all likelihood going to have identical cowling fit without an enormous amount of detail fitting to make the conversion.  I can:t imagine though that we won:t see someone on this forum try to make conversions with the surplus parts from the Zoukei kit though.