Z-M's Messerschmitt Bf-109G14/U4

Dpgsbody55

Since the other topic on this kit got closed, I thought I'd start a new one, and I hope this time the discussion is not as contentious please.

Good news.  I got mine today :m0152::m0152::m0152:.

SSC5kH.jpg

Packed outside the box were these two extras, a pin on badge for the Skyraider, and the resin figure to represent Erich Hartman.

lCQvPQ.jpg

As usual, I unpacked it and checked the parts sprues catalogued on the last page and this is where I ran into an uh-ho moment.  The instruction set says the box contains two of sprues (or runners) E and F.  I've only got one of each

H0oVPz.jpg

But the good news is that this is a mis-print and not an error in packing the box.  I can't quite see why I might need duplicates of runners E and F considering this model has but one engine and tail.  I've been through all five of the Old Man Blogs showing the build of this kit and these only show one of each of these runners needed.  Then I got onto the Z-M website and see that they've published a correction to the instruction set, so panic over.

On a happier note, I've had a look at all the parts and a first pass through the instruction sheet.  I've seen the pictures of the kit on the Old Man Blogs, but that doesn't compare to getting the kit in my own hands.  :wow:  It really is that good and I have to take my hat off to Radub and all the team at Zoukei Mura for their work on this model.  To say outstanding seems inadequate and I believe this is far and away the best 109 ever done in this scale, perhaps any scale.  Really great work, :bow:  I think we don't need to worry any more about Tamiya not producing any more of their top notch kits, because Zoukei Mura have filled that spot, and then some.

I didn't order any of the extras at this moment, as the etch interior is not yet available.  When it is, I'll be adding the etch cockpit set and turned gun and pitot sets, as these will improve my build of this kit.  My skills are not up to the sort of standard that I can do as well as these additional parts using the kit parts.

As per Vincents review of the kit, it also looks possible to build other variants, so I will be purchasing more of these.  Thankfully there's lots of suitable decals on the market to cater for this.  If more variants are released, then the permutations of the different Gustav builds will be as complex as the real thing, especially with the left over parts in this kit.  I'm also looking forward to see what others do with this kit, so let the WIP topics begin!!

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

This model is the culmination of many hours of work by a team of dedicated people, researchers, designers and toolmakers, all of whom are great people and a pleasure and privilege to work with. For that reason, I would like to make sure that everyone gets their due recognition, so if you feel like giving praise to anyone please congratulate the team that made this model possible. 

Radu

7 hours ago, Radub said:

This model is the culmination of many hours of work by a team of dedicated people, researchers, designers and toolmakers, all of whom are great people and a pleasure and privilege to work with. For that reason, I would like to make sure that everyone gets their due recognition, so if you feel like giving praise to anyone please congratulate the team that made this model possible. 

Radu

Quite right, and I've amended my post accordingly.  The kit is brilliantly designed and extremely well executed.  I've been taking a closer look at the kit and it's instructions, and I have to say it doesn't look like it will be difficult to build as long as you follow the instructions implicitly.  And that's been my experience with the other two Z-M builds I've completed too once I properly studied the instructions and understood what the team at Z-M are trying to achieve.  One of the other things I like about Z-M kits is that you don't have to look through every sprue in the box to find the part you need for that particular stage of the build.  They're grouped together on the same or possibly two sprues at most.  Good planning by Z-M, which has you wondering why others can't take the trouble to think this aspect through.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

40 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Just a quick question...   is this gonna be a limited run thing where all are gone in two months, or can I wait to put it on my Christmas wish list?

It is limited, but how many, I don't think it's been mentioned, I seem to recall they had a limited release 1/48 F-4EJ, which sold out, but the numbers might be different.

I'd treat yourself now if you can.

3 hours ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

I would jump at buying one.  My supplier has indicated that those destined for the UK were sold out.  Only opton I would have had I not agreed to pre-order would be to work via Volks Japan.

Zoukei Mura Messerschmitt BF109 G-14 Erich Hartmann Model 1:32 Plane Model Kit - Jadlam Toys & Models - Buy Toys & Models Online (jadlamracingmodels.com)