Any news on the supposed re release of the ZM TA 152–(HO or H1)

Citadelgrad

I was able to grab a J7w when they re released it, its patiently waiting in the cue.

i am really wanting a TA 152, our own John/Thunnis/the fishunter has infected me with a late Luftwaffe bug.  

hHi have seen that ZM said/rumored/didn't deny that they intend to repop one or both of their TAs.

which one is better, and which one will they release, and has anyone heard anything about when?

thanks for any information.  

Bill

Edited by Citadelgrad

• Citadelgrad changed the title to Any news on the supposed re release of the ZM TA 152–(HO or H1)

I remember reading that the H-0 was the better kit, but someone here said it was the same, just with different details.  Either way, I missed it when it was released and have also signed up for an email notification if it ever becomes available again.

Cheers,

Michael

The difference between the H-0 and H-1 is the presence of fuel tanks in the wings.  IIRC, this manifests itself on the model with a difference in panel lines on the bottom of the Ta-152 wing.  There is an access panel, presumably allowing for access to the wing tanks on the H-0 that is not present on the H-1.  Otherwise, the two planes are identical externally.

19 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I remember reading that the H-0 was the better kit, but someone here said it was the same, just with different details.  Either way, I missed it when it was released and have also signed up for an email notification if it ever becomes available again.

Cheers,

Michael

In the sense that a lot of the sprue-work is the same as in the earlier H-1 kit ... it IS the same ... However ...

Since the H-1 was only the second kit that ZM had produced ... and their design, engineering etc, while good ... was still developing into top notch gear ... The H-0 had some re-engineered sprues (copies of the originals - only better) inserted along with any changed sprues (for corrected parts or variant changes)

The TLDR is that the H-0, being a later release and benefitting from SOME better tooling/technology = same kit, better quality!

Rog :)

1 minute ago, Artful69 said:

In the sense that a lot of the sprue-work is the same as in the earlier H-1 kit ... it IS the same ... However ...

Since the H-1 was only the second kit that ZM had produced ... and their design, engineering etc, while good ... was still developing into top notch gear ... The H-0 had some re-engineered sprues (copies of the originals - only better) inserted along with any changed sprues (for corrected parts or variant changes)

The TLDR is that the H-0, being a later release and benefitting from SOME better tooling/technology = same kit, better quality!

Rog :)

That's similar to what I thought I'd read elsewhere on this forum.  Definitely makes me happy I signed up for the H-0 notification.

Thanks Rog. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael