USAF Triple / Multiple Ejector Racks

I'm building a TER and MER for my F-4C.   While looking at the kit parts, I have question -  The forward leading edge of the vertical racks on both the TER and MER appears to be slanted backwards a bit, see below.

Image result for Bru Bomb Rack

Whilst the Tamiya TER / MER's don't have this feature.  The leading edges of the Tamiya racks are squared off at a 90 degree angle.   

Is this a flaw with the Tamiya racks?

The Tamiya parts look quite good and give that bulky feeling of the item. However, they are not accurate to say the least. For whatever reason linked to the fact most model makers only put a quite absent-minded eye on ordnance, plastic MERs are a mess. And aftermarket ones were not always correct either! Eduard ones are quite good and easily accessible but the body is noticeably too short. A pity...

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

The Tamiya parts look quite good and give that bulky feeling of the item. However, they are not accurate to say the least. For whatever reason linked to the fact most model makers only put a quite absent-minded eye on ordnance, plastic MERs are a mess. And aftermarket ones were not always correct either! Eduard ones are quite good and easily accessible but the body is noticeably too short. A pity...

Turning out to be a decent amount of time invested in the kit TER / MERs.   The only good news is that the MER will be on the centerline so if I miss a detail or two, it's not going to be very visible.    Can't believe Mr T missed something as obvious as the sloped leading edges on the vertical racks.   

On 7/3/2022 at 9:24 AM, thierry laurent said:

Reskit have been looking for accurate information and measurements via their facebook page - I really hope there will finally be someone who will get it right 

23 hours ago, Finn said:

One of each so you can have whatever type you want i suppose:

65-0799 OC. What type of armament is this bird carying? Damaged by MiG-21/Atoll(?) and ran out of fuel and crashed near Ban Poung Ban, Laos Dec 18, 1971. Photo Larsen/Remington.

Jari

You are truly The Man Jari.  You've also restored my shattered faith in Tamiya (kidding).   I've already added the slanted leading edge to my TER and MER but am not 100% sure I like the work I did.   Going to build up the TER/MER with the vertical edge and see how they all look under a coat of paint.    Thank you very much for your help!

I second the compliments on that video.   Fantastic.  Crazy stuff loading those bombs by hand, I wonder how many of those boys ended up at the VA later in life with blown backs?  

Also wonder if that's the way it's still done today on CVN's?

• 4 weeks later...