ZM KI-45 or HS 129 ?

npb748r

15 minutes ago, Radub said:

Why do you want just one sprue with a MK 103 for? What are you going to use the MK 103 on? The only thing I can think of is the experimental FW 190 with MK 103 under the wings, and in that case you need two. 

I know I’d want the sprue so I can build the first release that I have with the Mk 103 instead of the included MK 101.  Before the “but the first kit only includes one decal option, and it’s for a Mk 101 bird” argument drops, I have other decals, or can make something up for a 103 armed aircraft.  People have their reasons.

2 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I know I’d want the sprue so I can build the first release that I have with the Mk 103 instead of the included MK 101.  Before the “but the first kit only includes one decal option, and it’s for a Mk 101 bird” argument drops, I have other decals, or can make something up for a 103 armed aircraft.  People have their reasons.

Why did you buy the kit with the MK 101 if that was not what you wanted? 

3 hours ago, Magneto said:

I happily sit corrected! :DFunny I saw a previous advertisement of the MK103 version.  Hey, I think that’s great but to buy a whole new kit for one small sprue….? Just sayin

Exactly!!! They will likely sell a few of both....

27 minutes ago, Radub said:

Why did you buy the kit with the MK 101 if that was not what you wanted? 

Maybe when the pandemic started, no one really knew if there would be other kits coming out, or whether Z-M or other model companies would survive, and maybe it was better to have a one Hs129 instead of zero.  Or maybe another reason, but it really don’t matter because it’s my reason, and I don’t owe you any explanation.  You asked why someone would just want to buy a Mk 103 sprue, and I provided an answer.  Why do you care why I bought the first kit?

1 hour ago, Radub said:

Why do you want just one sprue with a MK 103 for? What are you going to use the MK 103 on? The only thing I can think of is the experimental FW 190 with MK 103 under the wings, and in that case you need two. 

Because I still haven’t built the Hs 129 yet and if I suspect the 103 was a little more prevalent 

25 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

You asked why someone would just want to buy a Mk 103 sprue, and I provided an answer.  Why do you care why I bought the first kit?

I am not asking because I care. I am asking in order to understand this desire for two different and incompatible things at the same time. :mellow:

28 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Because I still haven’t built the Hs 129 yet and if I suspect the 103 was a little more prevalent 

The MK 101 saw the most widespread use. The MK 103 saw a comparatively shorter service. 

18 minutes ago, Radub said:

The MK 101 saw the most widespread use. The MK 103 saw a comparatively shorter service. 

That may be so but I’m more interested in the 103. Hope that doesn’t rankle you too much

9 minutes ago, Magneto said:

That may be so but I’m more interested in the 103. Hope that doesn’t rankle you too much

I like the HS 129 with the MK 103 too, no problem there. My question is not why you want a MK 103. My question is why do you want a MK 101 AND a MK 103 at the same time when you can only use one. 

The HS 129 with MK 103 kit will be out at some stage soon.