ZM KI-45 or HS 129 ?

npb748r

I've not bought a kit for around 5 months but have just sold something so have some cash to splash on plastic.  I've never built a ZM kit before - the engineering and detail puts me off, I like simple builds and have everything closed up. However I like the look of both the HS-129 and the KI-45 aircraft, for those of you who have built these kits which one would you say is the easiest to build ? I'm going to treat myself but which one should I go for, is there a consensus on the preference ? 

thanks in advance

neil

Both are lovely kits to build with exceent detail throughout, personally I would go for the Ki-45 as you get a lot of kit for your money and lots of lovely detail to see in the cockpit and rear gunners position, also only 1 colour scheme in the Hs129.

Regards. Andy 

I haven't built the Ki-45, but I'd love to.  I have built the HS 129 in B-2 form and it's a great kit and not difficult to put together.  Both have lots of detail so it's a question of which you prefer.  If you have other Japanese planes on your shelves, I'd pick the Ki-45.  But both have build topics here, so I'd suggest doing some research on them and make a choice.

But just to confuse you a little more, Z-M are about to release a revised HS-129, which will give you the opportunity to build any of the B variants, including the one with the BIG gun.

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

But just to confuse you a little more, Z-M are about to release a revised HS-129, which will give you the opportunity to build any of the B variants, including the one with the BIG gun.

Cheers,

Michael

This has already been discussed in two other threads on this forum. There will not be "a kit with all the guns". There will be separate kits, each with a different gun, only one gun of each type per kit. 

Radu

2 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I haven't built the Ki-45, but I'd love to.  I have built the HS 129 in B-2 form and it's a great kit and not difficult to put together.  Both have lots of detail so it's a question of which you prefer.  If you have other Japanese planes on your shelves, I'd pick the Ki-45.  But both have build topics here, so I'd suggest doing some research on them and make a choice.

Cheers,

Michael

I have the Mk101 version which is just all on one small sprue.  I really think ZM could have at least included the 103 and the 75 or at least offered it as a separate piece

15 hours ago, Magneto said:

I have the Mk101 version which is just all on one small sprue.  I really think ZM could have at least included the 103 and the 75 or at least offered it as a separate piece

A Hs 129 kits with the BK 7,5 is close to being released and a Hs 129 with MK 103 will follow soon after.

Edited by Radub

2 hours ago, Magneto said:

That's already been discussed in a recent Hs 129-specific thread.

I happily sit corrected! :DFunny I saw a previous advertisement of the MK103 version.  Hey, I think that’s great but to buy a whole new kit for one small sprue….? Just sayin

Edited by Magneto

1 hour ago, Magneto said:

I happily sit corrected! :DFunny I saw a previous advertisement of the MK103 version.  Hey, I think that’s great but to buy a whole new kit for one small sprue….? Just sayin

So close, but alas no cigar, you can buy the sprue/runners separately from ZM.

3 hours ago, Magneto said:

Why do you want just one sprue with a MK 103 for? What are you going to use the MK 103 on? The only thing I can think of is the experimental FW 190 with MK 103 under the wings, and in that case you need two. 

Edited by Radub