Airco DH.2 with Lanoe Hawker (Wingnut Wings 1/32)

Hi Everyone 

I completed building WNW Airco DH.2 Lanoe Hawker. This is the counterpart to my previous work, Albatros D.II Manfred von Richthofen.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Lanoe Hawker is the first British fighter ace in WW1 and the commander of the first fighter squadron as well. He was awarded the Victoria Cross
On 16 November 1916, He engaged in an intense dog fight with Albatros D.II piloted by Manfred von Richthofen and crashed to the ground.

BTW the model base is not made by myself but I bought AMMO’s scenic mat ;)

FYI: This great youtube video reproduced Richthofen' fighting carrier including duel with Lanoe Hawker by using a flight simulator "Rise of Flight".

AM-JKLVHzf5OZdvi_0gxAyAI8BsvDK7wvlGZ-PEl

AM-JKLWmq3dmIAG9W4u501oRygD8vXsM3I1XI9Rr

AM-JKLUeti5c8sQIdEGJE_Fpy0KS3LVMAfLp67OuAM-JKLV2JCUu4VIJaffan_4l6pJb-oJpSX6broxwAM-JKLXYwCNMr86ttbk9XKryt-5hKqCWgKGokFZeAM-JKLVuCcq8pQD1jhL7gqrHFKxsYFwiyhh2PVwgAM-JKLXXh_osuNJIpoqNnX20IbVwOvBLhlKlKkRdAM-JKLV9krQ5zdot1O6XPO-Rg63jv3vFtTPcUJLjAM-JKLVf0bws3mzQ_oai4h-2259hOCjSIIoWd3u7AM-JKLUuxFlwQoc-gFWAYA___G5ocvYNLXrq8hAnAM-JKLVUClWrveVmz4dx-041LRpK-2-HlMWRF0ufAM-JKLUj95ggtzOBuekCur8nO0jCU0sY1tUbUZjKAM-JKLVZzRS1Err0zeYPiJqGgZ016FoOQTgz2f_NAM-JKLVVThH4oAJXztUcSptfkBubVyTnaH9A4o-k

AM-JKLW6IcflfZcEMeQ-uKt7JK11avZPkrDFljcCAM-JKLWpERoA6INfVT4T2jptLAHWoxPD9-OwvSyxAM-JKLWQdNvfPBGjv2xvXJVKhE6jcL6iWmhc9PqkAM-JKLWDULocDuPzFEJT4IRqbJeouRz0qfQWaOKs

Edited by sillymodeler

• sillymodeler changed the title to Airco DH.2 with Lanoe Hawker (Wingnut Wings 1/32)

I'm not a Bi-Plane guy but I am one who can appreciate fantastic modeling, and this is right up there with the best.  Awesome work!  I could look at this for an hour and find all sorts of interesting details that look so well done, and all perfectly weathered.

Cheers,

Chuck