Border Lancaster brass undercarriage poll

Kagemusha

Thank you for this Andy.

I am never quite sure if I can promote in this area openly, but quite agree when I do put a comment to a post or get coverage here the footfall and interest is much higher, in my products, so it would be great if the guy’s do look around the areas on the website.

Looks very nice, I have your brass set for the B-24 which is very nice indeed. I get my kit early next week so wouldn't commit until I've seen it however knowing WnW liked to keep things very much to scale I can imagine the brass replacement would be helpful. 

Regards. Andy 

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

To be honest the kit won't require it. The kit struts/undercarriage design is very strong. 

Thank you for the input Dave, I had heard that once or twice before that is why I was doing a bit more of a poll before I spend time and money on developing a set.

18 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Thank you for the input Dave, I had heard that once or twice before that is why I was doing a bit more of a poll before I spend time and money on developing a set.

No worries Ali,

I received my kit yesterday and had a good look this morning. The Plastic seems pretty solid and isn't rubbery like some manufactures have used in the past. We never had any strut collapses in the studio. 

If anything I would look at some of the clear parts.

Edited by Dave J

10 hours ago, Dave J said:

No worries Ali,

I received my kit yesterday and had a good look this morning. The Plastic seems pretty solid and isn't rubbery like some manufactures have used in the past. We never had any strut collapses in the studio. 

If anything I would look at some of the clear parts.

Out of curiosity what needs doing on clear parts? 

6 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Out of curiosity what needs doing on clear parts? 

Just got my kit today. The clear parts have 2 problems; a 'foggy' look on a few parts, this is easily cleared with a quick Tamiya 'finish' polishing job. The other, is some very fine mold lines which have the appearance of cracks but are (I have heard) lines where flows of plastic meet during the making process. These can be seen easily under certain conditions, but are hard to see when placed in front of 'busy' scenes. I don't think it's possible to remove these lines in any way.

I am baffled by the inclusion of the brass barrels; these are nice but don't have any cooling louvres included. Odd inclusion seeing they're half-a-job!

The kit is beautiful to behold though, esp of course the oil-canning effect.

Edited by Lunatech
spelling