Trumpy 1/32 F-35C Lightning Sprue shots

Maxim61

Uh oh.  Another squid airplane to find room for if this one comes about.  I read just a couple of days ago, however, that the Navy is looking at buying fewer C models than originally planned, so there will likely be fewer squadron options than there might have been.

In the UK, Hannants are listing it (in "Future Releases") for something like £160.00. That's WAY too much for me, particularly as I'm not really a fan of the design, to be honest. What happened to the days when I thought £80-£100 was a big ask for a Trumpeter 1/32 jet?

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Correcting a typo.

MBK have it for £ 105.00 or 122.00 EUR - that´s not bad at all

I hope the weapons bay is much better than the Italeri kit. If it is I might "steal" one and put it in an F-35A build. Actually, I cannot really believe that nobody has released a resin or 3D printed upgrade to the Italeri F-35A kit  

/Niels

5 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

I hope the weapons bay is much better than the Italeri kit. If it is I might "steal" one and put it in an F-35A build. Actually, I cannot really believe that nobody has released a resin or 3D printed upgrade to the Italeri F-35A kit  

The problem may at least partially be that nobody is allowed to photograph the weapons bays up close and in detail.  When i'm around the jets with a camera, they make it clear that up close photos of open panels are not permitted. 

Jake

54 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

In the UK, Hannants are listing it (in "Future Releases") for something like £160.00. That's WAY too much for me, particularly as I'm not really a fan of the design, to be honest. What happened to the days when I thought £80-£100 was a big ask for a Trumpeter 1/32 jet?

I fear, as with most other items,  we are going to see a hike in prices for everything in our hobby not just this new kit. Unfortunately my retirement income isn't keeping pace and my limited invested savings have plummeted over the past six months which puts any kit over £100 into the "it would be nice to have but not at that price" category. I'm now in my 5th month of not purchasing a kit but building what's in my stash and it's actually enjoyable watching it reduce. It's also made me realise that I bought the kits to build and if I don't start on them I will run out of time ! 

9 minutes ago, npb748r said:

I fear, as with most other items,  we are going to see a hike in prices for everything in our hobby not just this new kit. Unfortunately my retirement income isn't keeping pace and my limited invested savings have plummeted over the past six months which puts any kit over £100 into the "it would be nice to have but not at that price" category. I'm now in my 5th month of not purchasing a kit but building what's in my stash and it's actually enjoyable watching it reduce. It's also made me realise that I bought the kits to build and if I don't start on them I will run out of time ! 

I hear you bro..........

• LSP_Ron changed the title to Trumpy 1/32 F-35C Lightning CAD shots
1 hour ago, Dave 0 said:

So what's up with the "Marines" decal? Do they have the "C" in addition to the "B"?

Yes. In this case the short lived VFA-101 was the F-35 training squadron. Has transitioned to VFA-125 in Lemoore, which is training both USN and USMC Charlie model aviators

I became massively interested too. But then saw the test sprues of the top plane (on Britmodeller). The serrated panel lines look, at least to me way overscale.  With that much parasitic drag I am surprised that thing can fly. I’ll have to wait and see the final product.

If it were £100 with postage I'd probably buy-to-build as it looks to be a genuinely fun kit, though that old school Tamiyaesque fitting of the canopy to its frame might create an ugly seam. (Paint the clear part's edge black and attach using PVA canopy glue, and hope the fit is perfect?)

The RAM "tape" adds some character but this subject needs to get some real colour on it to appeal at full sticker price. In 1:1 scale the US Navy ought to paint an early production airframe in gloss scarlet to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of sustained transonic flight in the D558 Skystreak "crimson test tube". They could then follow that up with a gloss white one to commemorate the supersonic Skyrocket (and then a blue one for the Blue Angels' 80th). 

Tony