1/16 Centurion

Cheetah11

9 hours ago, RNoAF said:

I hope they release this tank as a kit and not an RC-model. Then it will be cheaper, and i think i will wait for the IDF version of the tank. 

I have the static Tiger I. It helped the price not having all the gearing and electronics, but I was a bit disappointed they didn't add a few bits of better detailed plastic to replace some of the RC metal stuff, or get rid of the out of scale/incorrect fasteners for the gearbox, which is still there.

It's a shame Tamiya always do the Korean 20lbr Mark 3 ....IMHO the later marks especially the Aussie LR varients in Vietnam or the Marks 10 -13 with the IR gear and the 105 gun make more interesting / relevant subjects , and thats before we go near the Israeli Army modifying antics with Centurions .

So from Tamiya .. 1/35 MK3 ...1/25 Mark 3...now 1/16 Mark 3 .....having built the old 1/35 three times now I'm glad AFV Club decided to make many of the other marks.

The old 1/25 did have a full interior at one point though , which you can check for accuracy  when next at Bovington as they have the "old cut in half Cent" back on display :) 

142683-10911-pristine-jpg.webp

DSC-0227.jpg

4 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

I have the static Tiger I. It helped the price not having all the gearing and electronics, but I was a bit disappointed they didn't add a few bits of better detailed plastic to replace some of the RC metal stuff, or get rid of the out of scale/incorrect fasteners for the gearbox, which is still there.

Hi Ray

You can move this to General Discussion as I have no intension of buying this model at that price. I think starting with the Panther Tamiya has dumbed down on details to go for the RC market, which leads to a lot of work to get these models to the detail level acceptable for a static model.

Nick

Edited by Cheetah11