1/16 Centurion

Cheetah11

Just now, MARU5137 said:

Look forward to this.

:yahoo:

:thumbsup:

Sorry Maru, as I have said this is too expensive. I should have posted under General Discussion. I hope admin will move it to the right forum. Happens when you post from a phone :doh:

Edited by Cheetah11

$1200 is about the going rate for Tamiya's full RC big tanks. I do wish they would release more of their tanks minus the RC stuff, but even when they do they tend to be in the $500 range. I would love to have their JSII.

I hope they release this tank as a kit and not an RC-model. Then it will be cheaper, and i think i will wait for the IDF version of the tank. 

Edited by RNoAF

4 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

I think that big Centurion has been around for awhile. I built one way back

in my Airman days in the barracks as a Israeli Centurion. It was a fun kit 

back then too!

Cheers...Ron

Nope, released in the last 12 months.

Barry

43 minutes ago, RNoAF said:

I hope they release this tank as a kit and not an RC-model. Then it will be cheaper, and i think i will wait for the IDF version of the tank. 

To my knowledge none of the Tamiya 1/16 RC Tanks have been released in any version other than the original released.

Barry

4 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

I think that big Centurion has been around for awhile. I built one way back

in my Airman days in the barracks as a Israeli Centurion. It was a fun kit 

back then too!

Cheers...Ron

Probably thinking of the old 1/24th scale Centurion from either the 70's or 80's

18 minutes ago, Barry said:

To my knowledge none of the Tamiya 1/16 RC Tanks have been released in any version other than the original released.

Barry

I have seen the M551 and Type 10 listed on e-bay as a static kit in the $400 range. I'm pretty sure the Tiger I was sold without RC as well. I had one of those in the black carry bag. I know the older King Tiger was, that one I bought years..decades... ago.

22 minutes ago, eoyguy said:

Probably thinking of the old 1/24th scale Centurion from either the 70's or 80's

I have seen the M551 and Type 10 listed on e-bay as a static kit in the $400 range. I'm pretty sure the Tiger I was sold without RC as well. I had one of those in the black carry bag. I know the older King Tiger was, that one I bought years..decades... ago.

I was referring to an IDF version. You are correct, the ones you've listed are available in a Static version.

43 minutes ago, Barry said:

Barry

I have it have sold their static (“display”) 1/16 Abrams, Sheridan, Type 10, Tiger 1, & Leopard 2A6. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235036411-tamiya’s-116-abrams-goes-antipodean/