And another 1:16 kit: Panzerjäger IB

LSP_K2

On 6/28/2022 at 8:33 PM, LSP_Ron said:

You haven’t filled enough ejector pin marks yet Kev?  LOL

Yes, way too many, but I've made real progress, and now the end is nearing for that nonsense, thank goodness.

On 6/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, eoyguy said:

Well that's a new one on me. I thought all the Panzer I based Panzerjagers mounted 47mm guns. Being that this was likely a one-off used in Berlin in 1945, it seems like an odd choice to do this and not the far more common Ib with 4.7cm gun that was used on a number of fronts...

I agree. Would have much preferred the 47mm version. Would make a great Afrika Korps version.

On 7/4/2022 at 7:23 AM, Rick Griewski said:

Agree. I would bet that the Panzerjager with the 47mm gun would be a much more extensive tooling project.  Much more of the interior can be seen from the top.  The base kit is sparse.  

I would like a 1/16 scale 47mm Scoda gun.   

On 6/29/2022 at 11:05 AM, eoyguy said:

Well that's a new one on me. I thought all the Panzer I based Panzerjagers mounted 47mm guns. Being that this was likely a one-off used in Berlin in 1945, it seems like an odd choice to do this and not the far more common Ib with 4.7cm gun that was used on a number of fronts...

On 6/30/2022 at 9:52 PM, Rick Griewski said:

The gun on this Marder of sorts is from the Stug.  At least two companies has released a Stug.  Interesting to find out where this all comes from.  

On 6/30/2022 at 2:34 AM, eoyguy said:

From what I can glean, it was more "this" than "these", as it seems only one existed. I would guess that there was no onboard storage. Probably a second vehicle or cart with ammo. All the pics of other models of it I have found show no means of on board storage, and the one photo doesn't show the rear. Probably used like a towed anti tank gun (eg the pak 40) with ammo brought up separately. 

Just a weird choice by Takom, perhaps because there is an extant 1/35 kit by Dragon that they could base theirs on???

Definitely a left-of-field choice for a 1/16 scale kit ... but on the other hand smart logic in engineering - considering a Das Werk 1/16 StuK 40 L/48 (detailed and from China) already exists in the StuG.III Ausf.G kit ... take the gun and the pre-existing Pz.Kfpw.I Ausf.B Takom kit ... and there'll be just the adaption bits to tool ... makes me wonder though if we may yet get a PaK.40 ... or a Pz.Kpfw.IV from Takom? ... definitely nowhere to store ammo on this thing as the loading occurs on top of the engine deck and the shells would be too cumbersome to store and retrieve from the front of the vehicle ... and yes ... Dragon (who do/did great research on their kits) have one in 1/35 to reference and judging by the colouring on the box art (DRA 6781) it looks like its a quick one off adaption rather than a purpose built example ... looks like Takom have upscaled one of the Dragons' included crew figures also :D

Rog :)

8 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Definitely a left-of-field choice for a 1/16 scale kit ... but on the other hand smart logic in engineering - considering a Das Werk 1/16 StuK 40 L/48 (detailed and from China) already exists in the StuG.III Ausf.G kit ... take the gun and the pre-existing Pz.Kfpw.I Ausf.B Takom kit ... and there'll be just the adaption bits to tool ... makes me wonder though if we may yet get a PaK.40 ... or a Pz.Kpfw.IV from Takom? ... definitely nowhere to store ammo on this thing as the loading occurs on top of the engine deck and the shells would be too cumbersome to store and retrieve from the front of the vehicle ... and yes ... Dragon (who do/did great research on their kits) have one in 1/35 to reference and judging by the colouring on the box art (DRA 6781) it looks like its a quick one off adaption rather than a purpose built example ... looks like Takom have upscaled one of the Dragons' included crew figures also :D

I think the 1/16 assault has only just begun!

It would be nice on selected kits if there were 2 options for interiors. I strip down exterior version and a Trumpeter like full blown interior.

17 hours ago, Artful69 said:

we may yet get a PaK.40 ... or a Pz.Kpfw.IV from Takom?

Assuming we got a no frills Panzer IV, without all the interior guts that I don't use anyway, that would be great. Like yourself, a Pak 40 would also be most welcome, as would a 1:16 88mm flak gun like a 36 or 37.