Italeri F-35 A-completed

chrish

I had such a great time with the Tornado I jumped right into another Italeri kit

Although....this will have Canadian markings. If/when I get that far

eQh8hmk.jpg

Filling some sink marks here and there.

p9Lzsq5.jpg

A825I5f.jpg

Adding a bit of Eduard p.e.

O5fY07X.jpg

xxvEQ0E.jpg

and off we go...

Thanks for looking

Edited by chrish
typo

1 hour ago, themongoose said:

Fun kit, fits together pretty well. The only issue i had was having the canopy closed with the pe included for the locking rails. If you use that piece of pe do a bunch of dry fit to get it looking clean.

:popcorn:B)

Thanks for the warning sir

1 hour ago, mattcour said:

Masking these zigzags on the aircraft was pure nightmare for me, other than that it is a very good kit that gives you a good looking model.

This is what I was wondering about.

Chrish:  have you given thought to how you are going to proceed with that?  Tape? Masking fluid? Free hand (!)...

Someone should sell tape templates for that!  It would save hours of time.

2 hours ago, mattcour said:

Masking these zigzags on the aircraft was pure nightmare for me, other than that it is a very good kit that gives you a good looking model.

I’m hoping that’s dealt with…

14 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

This is what I was wondering about.

Chrish:  have you given thought to how you are going to proceed with that?  Tape? Masking fluid? Free hand (!)...

Someone should sell tape templates for that!  It would save hours of time.

Someone does….I’m on my deck having a Coors light watching my wife puttering in the garden right now (her hobby) so I don’t have access to the hobby room. But, I ordered from Hannants a die cut set of masks for the RAM panels, came with a very nice painting guide.

I’ll post the information on the maker when I get back into the hobby room.

1 minute ago, chrish said:

I’m hoping that’s dealt with…

Someone does….I’m on my deck having a Coors light watching my wife puttering in the garden right now (her hobby) so I don’t have access to the hobby room. But, I ordered from Hannants a die cut set of masks for the RAM panels, came with a very nice painting guide.

I’ll post the information on the maker when I get back into the hobby room.

That's great!  I didn't realize there was aftermarket for that feature.  

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this baby come to life!

36 minutes ago, dmthamade said:

Pretty sure the mask set is by Dn Models. Have two sets, haven't tried yet.

I'm curious Chris, what squadron will you do the RCAF F-35 in? Are going to use decals or paint masks?

Spurious markings, apparently we're buying the F-35 over the Gripen and super hornet (Boeing made the feds angry) So I thought I'd have some fun, a bit of imagination and make use of Canadian markings from a earlier project, a Kinetic CF-188... see the earlier 60 years of NORAD (with decals from Leading Edge Models) previously built.

I have to confess, I've always liked the CF-101 scheme in the gloss grey ( close to fs16473) and the cheat stripe with the zigzag. Tried to see if I could lay out this scheme in the F-35, but it looks.... odd. On the other hand, the F-104 could wear that scheme...

Don