Are the high end sprue cutters worth it.

They are the best thing you can buy.

I have Trumpeter sigle blade and DSPIAE 

The DSPIAE are insanely amazing, but were quite expensive, so i got the trumpeter on for cutting clear sprue and other damaging cuts. 

I do have to mention that luckymodel now has the brand and they have the best lrice ive ever seen 

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=DSP-ST-A3.0

At 30$ this is a no brainer. 

I had xuron sprue cutter before for 10year, after using the DSPIAE it fel like i was cutting steak with a plastic knife... That being said its the same feeling i had when i initially got the xuron compare to what i was using before.. so i guess this is my second revolution!!

5 hours ago, CraigC said:

This thread and a little more reading convinced me I could do with 'the hand of god'.:D

Looking forward to less filling. The Xuron look quite agricultural in comparison, however still useful for the heavier jobs.

52187040712_7480f95299_c_d.jpg

Thanks to all for the advice here.

Yeah, one nice thing about returning to the hobby as an adult, money is no longer the huge barrier it used to be.  I reas this thread and ordered one for myself after doing the math on the kits i hope to build.  

thanks, all. 

40 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I have the Zoukie Mura nippers and they are fantastic.

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/scale/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=4288

I tried those the last time ZM were here for the NATs and they did indeed feel wonderful. Im assuming like most good nippers they can be quite delicate. 

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up getting a set of the Master Tools cutters. When I went to order, no one had the better ones in stock. I'll buy a nicer set later, once the wife forgets about these. 

IMG_3169-300x225.jpg

Note sure why some images are posting small. To late to worry about it tonight! 

Edited by JeepsGunsTanks

Interesting topic!  I have fond memories of using my mom's fingernail clippers when working on models as a kid!  But I am in complete alignment with Bill's (Citadelgrad) sentiment when it comes to re-entering the hobby fairly recently...

On 7/2/2022 at 9:21 AM, Citadelgrad said:

Yeah, one nice thing about returning to the hobby as an adult, money is no longer the huge barrier it used to be.  I reas this thread and ordered one for myself after doing the math on the kits i hope to build.  

thanks, all. 

Even the most luxurious and extravagant modeling accessory seems to be in reach, especially compared to my other hobby, photography.  I bought a pair of Tamiya snips when I re-started modeling.  A pair of Xurons followed but I didn't like them very much and I've relegated them to wire cutting duty.  Most recently, I bought a pair of Trumpeter (Master Tools) single-sided cutters to use in support of the Tamiya... Tamiya to cut the part from the sprue and the Trumpeter to trim the sprue gate close to the part.