Bf 109G-2 9/JG 54, Russia

bsarnoffca

looking completely good. i also do like the wheelbay. there are much more inacurate builds out there. you dont have to worrie. yours is looking great so far. the revi is super too. i also like the rivet detail.

cheers klaus

Hi Bill, the pit has come together beautifully. The Revi is a work of art...I like the glass work as well.

I was wondering about the 20mm motorcannon cover in the MDC pit. It really tapers a lot towards the stick ( to me it seems more than those i've seen in photos). Any thoughts?

cheers Matt

Thanks Matt. The cannon cover is installed as it came with the MDC interior so I'd imagine it's accurate....unless I've mounted it too far back. The one thing I'm not sure of is the straps on the top and sides of the cannon cover. I've painted them as if they're leather but I've got a feeling they might be metal. I bet Radu or Vincent know for sure.,...you guys out there?

I knew you were out there Vincent. Thanks much for the information. I will repaint the straps.

I'm in the process of fitting your engine to the frame using Verlinden engine bearers.....NOT up to your work standard! I'm sure they'll look fine when I'm done but it sure would have been nice if MDC had made your bearers.

thanks Bill and Vincent.

Vincent ( not trying to steal your thread here Bill)...by deduction does that mean there was more than one type of 20mm cannon cover? A lot of the photos I seem to show a more rectangular shape not disimilar to the Hasegawa kit part. I wonder if the taper box was for G2-> 4's maybe but when G6's etc came along they changed...or am I looking at restored aircraft with non-genuine parts?

BTW...I have the same pit as Bill. :lol: ;) It really is fantastic mate. Credit where credit is due.

Cheers Matty

Interesting points Matty. Good we have Vincent as a reference. I'm building from a G-6 kit so the G-6 MG 131 are incorrect as the G-2 had MG 17. Here are some shots of at creating something that looks more like a MG 17.

post-4-1144345121_thumb.jpg