Bf 109G-2 9/JG 54, Russia

bsarnoffca

It won't be that specific aircraft. I always pick a group that has interesting color schemes then create an undocumented aircraft....allows me a little artist's liscense. These aircraft had a bright green and yellow/sand color that JG 54 seemed to have mixed themselves. I'll post some color pics of what I'm talking about.

....okay, I sit corrected. I just checked the photos and that is the aircraft. When I post the pics I think you'll find it interesting that the photos show colors different than the illustration on the link you provided......I'll probably do "yellow 5 or 6''.

It won't be that specific aircraft. I always pick a group that has interesting color schemes then create an undocumented aircraft....allows me a little artist's liscense.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! WTG dude. PS,your engine is a sin to behold :)

This is the second of your engines I've built Vincent...they are works of art. Did you do the interior? It's pretty amazing as well. I remember at one point there was going to be an egine bearer set but I guess it never happened.

Are you going to paint your own markings? I was thinking of maybe trying that color scheme myself at sometime and I can find decals for the green hearts and the shield emblem, but could find no decal sheets with the "smiling devil" emblem in 32nd scale.

Bill;

Great work on that MDC power plant; really looks fantastic, like it's fresh out of the crate. And a great scheme you've chosen as well! Promises to be a very enjoyable build. Thanks for sharing;

Jimbo