DB Model Kits will release de Havilland DH.103 Hornet & Sea Hornet in 1/32

Jan_G

Looking forward to DBMK's 1/48 Supermarine Scimitar, but this is an ambitious change of gear!

Gives me hope that I might live to see DBMK do the basics for a IM styrene 1/32 FAA Buccaneer, Sea Vixen and Scimitar.   

Tony 

21 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Looks like Kotaré will be crossing this off their list.

If one of these really is next for Kotare why would they cross their project off their list?  

I have not heard of DB Models but is it not either a resin or short run kit?  OK Kotare are not yet well known but their kits will be mainstream injection moulded, not short run and produced to the highest standard If their WNW heritage is to be judged. 

It seems to me that there are two separate markets here. 

I certainly would not touch either resin or short run but would certainly buy the mainstream version and there are a lot of people out there like me. 

Now, that said, I do not think that a subject like a DH Hornet is what I would advise a new company like Kotare to invest in as a second project, so I would not blame them if they did not produce a Hornet. 

As the restoration of TT193 gets under way  by Pioneer Aero  in New Zealand there will be a greater world wide awareness of the Dh103 , and keen interest in securing the to-date elusive 'accurate model'. It would seem those now closest to the definitive source material are the ex Wingnut folks of Kotare.

Regarding market viability, the following are amongst those who have been convinced; Frog (1/72), Dynavector (1/48), Classic Airframes (1/48),Special Hobby (1/72), HPH Models (1/32) and  the currently available AZ Models plastic kits and Oxford diecasts in !/72 plus the strange 1/48 renditions  of Trumpeter with a 1/32 vacform on the pending list of Tigger Models. 

Not bad for a subject of ' little wide interest'.

Les

Edited by jumpjack

The DBMK kit is from factory drawings that have been worked over for 20+ years by Arthur Bentley to create a CAD model.  They have been independently verified as being correct (as far as is possible)

Arthur created the drawing used on the Flugwerke FW-190 and his work has been extensively published. He worked as a draughtsman for BAe at Hatfield. 

Will

3 hours ago, jumpjack said:

As the restoration of TT193 gets under way  by Pioneer Aero  in New Zealand there will be a greater world wide awareness of the Dh103 , and keen interest in securing the to-date elusive 'accurate model'. It would seem those now closest to the definitive source material are the ex Wingnut folks of Kotare.

Regarding market viability, the following are amongst those who have been convinced; Frog (1/72), Dynavector (1/48), Classic Airframes (1/48),Special Hobby (1/72), HPH Models (1/32) and  the currently available AZ Models plastic kits and Oxford diecasts in !/72 plus the strange 1/48 renditions  of Trumpeter with a 1/32 vacform on the pending list of Tigger Models. 

Not bad for a subject of ' little wide interest'.

Les

Not to mention the 1/24 vac by Frank.