Lancaster Inner Nacelle Small Upper Intakes

I just received the Wingleader late production Lancaster release and it is a gold mine for my build. On page 24 there is a reference to the inner nacelle small upper intakes stating that the port intake is the larger of the two. Would any of you happen to have good photos that compare them?

Thanks,   Tom

Edited by Uncarina

• Uncarina changed the title to Lancaster Inner Nacelle Small Upper Intakes

Tom if you are referring to the scoop on the side of the cowling here is a pic of the one on the port side:

PEvansD17030037.2.jpg

and here is a drawing from a manual showing the scoop which looks a little smaller:

503bc442542b223d951a17f8f5e5de3c.jpg

Jari

Edited by Finn

I've tweaked this picture as much as possible Tom, the starboard one is easily visible but the port one not very distinct, perhaps you can make anything out?  I'll look at the rest of my Lanc pics to see what else I can find.....I must admit that was news to me too about the difference in sizes between those intakes!

OKi9AK.jpg

Edited by mozart

Thanks, 

9 hours ago, Finn said:

You mean these ones by the exhaust:

PTwellsE15070006.2.jpg

the inner one looks larger.

Jari

Thanks Jari, I meant the ones on the top of the nacelle next to the wing.

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

5 hours ago, mozart said:

I've tweaked this picture as much as possible Tom, the starboard one is easily visible but the port one not very distinct, perhaps you can make anything out?  I'll look at the rest of my Lanc pics to see what else I can find.....I must admit that was news to me too about the difference in sizes between those intakes!

OKi9AK.jpg

Thanks yes, Those are they! The starboard scoop in the HK Models kit appears correct, but I’ll have to scratchbuild the one on the portside. I wonder if the Border Models release shows this?

Cheers,  Tom

On 6/23/2022 at 6:53 PM, Finn said:

Now that i know what to look for:

PFletcherS1612.2.jpg

edit: the smaller one:

PWierT17020004.1.jpg

Jari

Thank you Jari, these do help. I’m seeing however that closeups are pretty hard to come across.

Cheers,  Tom

On 6/23/2022 at 11:46 PM, rsanz said:

Still viewable on the Wingnut Wings page http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3193&cat=6

Avro%20Lancaster%20WWII%20European%20nac

I had seen these before, but thanks for the link. I’m wondering if they are the same shape and one is just larger. Perhaps the parts from the Border Model kit can provide an example?

Cheers,  Tom