MK 103 cannon shell ejection

Just a quick question about how the shell casings are ejected from the MK 103 cannons. In some mountings and the Bentley drawings it seems like the casings ejected straight down from the gun? It also appears the links for the ammo belts are often ejected through a separate port.

Im just wondering if anyone has any details or good pictures I could use for reference.

Cheers,

sophie

7 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Does this help?

X4SjUsa.jpg

Image Reference:

Smith, R. Creek, E. Hitchcock, T. (1997), Dornier 335 arrow, Monogram aviation publications, MA. (pp. 120-121)

Thank you! That drawing is useful, but according to Bentley’s drawings there is two ejection ports; the one labelled 86 in that drawing for the shell links, but another directly below the gun supposedly for the shell casings.

What I would like to see is a photo reference of the bottom of the gun if possible.

I don't know if you'll be able to see it but 85 (directly below the gun (behind 86 in the image) is for the spent shells and 86 is for the spent links and is at the bottom of the weapon.  Unfortunately, I don't have any photographs that clearly show the link or shell ejection chutes and many, if not all of the drawings in my reference were done by Bentley.

6 hours ago, Juggernut said:

I don't know if you'll be able to see it but 85 (directly below the gun (behind 86 in the image) is for the spent shells and 86 is for the spent links and is at the bottom of the weapon.  Unfortunately, I don't have any photographs that clearly show the link or shell ejection chutes and many, if not all of the drawings in my reference were done by Bentley.

Thank you, I didn’t spot that one. I’m guessing the gun ejects the shell casing directly down then? I’ll go with that then and design the ejection shoots and ammo boxes for it.

Thanks for your help! :)