Jetmads 1/32 X-3 Stiletto

mattcour

These guys turn out some really nifty and exotic stuff.  I do wish they’d tackle something like a nice LSP Vigilante or Whale or Banshee.  I think they are far enough removed from those planes that they could do them justice, having no preconceived notions and all.  In the meantime, I quietly await for the FH-1 shoe to drop.

CF-100? That would be excellent, assuming we are talking about 1/32 scale but there is only one operator. Considering their choices of subjects however I'd say Jetmads is probably the only manufacturer that may be willing to dive into that.

4 hours ago, mattcour said:

CF-100? That would be excellent, assuming we are talking about 1/32 scale but there is only one operator.

Jetmads kits are a great value, but I have to be choosy with 1/32 scale. Gone are the days I could get everything that is released. A CF-100 would really be an interesting choice. There were twice as many CF-100 operators as you think and the other is closer than you imagine. :)

https://www.belgian-wings.be/avro-cf100-canuck

6 hours ago, Aerobat said:

Jetmads kits are a great value, but I have to be choosy with 1/32 scale. Gone are the days I could get everything that is released. A CF-100 would really be an interesting choice. There were twice as many CF-100 operators as you think and the other is closer than you imagine. :)

https://www.belgian-wings.be/avro-cf100-canuck

Ahh, bad neighbour :):) Thanks for letting me know.

Honestly I was not aware Belgium had flown them, maybe just because I saw the Cannuck wih RCAF markings all the time. Still not sure if that makes a big enough market.

Waiting for the Draken (and possibly the D-558-II pointy Skyrocket) but Infinity have suggested they're doing a J.35, one day, and I prefer plastic.

The X-3 Stilletto is a fantastic subject but I'd probably impale myself during the modelling process, assuming I could make it without a wonky nose.  

Good that I've got some Tamiya F-4 one piece fuselages to whittle and rescribe. Keeps me out of mischief for hours. 

Tony 

The Stiletto is such a glowing example of its time. Truly does look like something ripped from the pages of a sci-fi comic, maybe that's why it looks so cool.  Will be cool to see how it looks as it gets closer.

Matt 

• 2 weeks later...

I had ordered one kit last week, a couple of days after the preorders started. Convincing myself that a 1/32 X-3 does not come everyday and it may be a good idea to keep one unbuilt in stash I placed an order for another today.

There are 376 order numbers between my first order and today's one! They are really good at selecting subjects I think...