Dewoitine D.500. New photos unearthed

GOOD NEWS for the many of us who bought the Dora Wings kit and complained about the lack of documentation about the Dewoitine D.500.

A few rare period photos have been unearthed by the Provincial Archives of the South-West region in France and published today on the internet.
They are original glass photographic plates of exceptional clarity. Check ‘em HERE

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Quang

…and also its companion volume, the manual for maintenance and repair HERE.

I agree that these purely technical documents (in dated French language) are hardly digestible to the layman but the drawings can be helpful if only to add some life to the cockpit.

HTH

Cheers,

Quang

Thanks, Quang, those are very useful. The biggest problem with the kit is the propeller. So far I haven't found any useful drawings or photographs in order to scratch a more accurate one. 

Hans 

1 hour ago, Hans said:

Thanks, Quang, those are very useful. The biggest problem with the kit is the propeller. So far I haven't found any useful drawings or photographs in order to scratch a more accurate one. 

Hans 

Contrary to general belief, the stock kit propeller (and cone) is accurate despite its anemic look :P The problem is that that model was seldom used and therefore rarely seen on photographs.

9-B1-C32-A0-785-E-4-EE8-87-BB-D8-D7-BB61

The 500 and 501 used a variety of propellers from different brands: Levasseur, Ratier,…

The easiest way is pick a period photograph with the model of your choice and do the research for the suitable propeller.
There are many sites with vintage propellers for sale with clear, usable descriptions.

Cheers,

Quang

Edited by quang

I wouldn’t know Mark. Unless you have a photograph of the plane you intend to model.

In any case, it would be simple to use the stock kit propeller and swap it with another when you get more info (or not). ;)
At least it’s what I’d do :P

Cheers,

Quang