Trumpeter 1/32 BAC Lightning F2a

Porsche

Here is my finished Lightning F2a XN776 (Charlie) serving with 19 Squadron, RAF Gutersloh, posed pre-flight. The model is a 1/32 scale Trumpeter Lightning with extensive modifications. These modifications include stretching the fuselage by 5mm, correcting the profile and extending the length of the fuel tank, correcting the profile of the dorsal spine, correcting the ‘pinched’ area to the rear of the fuselage, correcting the stance by modifying the undercarriage, modifying the fuselage sides around the cockpit area and extending the canopy framing, scratch building an in-flight refuelling probe and modifying the fins on the fuel tank. There are numerous additions to the cockpit but you should be able to spot these in the photos. The modifications required considerable ‘surgery’ on the original kit and took me around two years to complete (on and off build!)
YWr5OAG.jpg
ubLeSQr.jpgTG39hLD.jpg64wRCip.jpgZwvdFoJ.jpgtTPmYfk.jpg

2 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

:wow:

:wub:

Sir,  that is STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS  model.

:thumbsup:

:clap2:

Your detailing is IMPECCABLE and IMPRESSIVE. 

I have seen the real Lightning  and you have done justice to the real Aircraft. 

What a pleasure  to see your very accomplished  build.

:yahoo:

KUDOS.

:bow: :bow:

Many thanks MARUS5137...it took a lot of work but I'm pleased with the result!

1 hour ago, Nighthawk Calling 1 said:

Outstanding looks so real, Brings back memories of seeing them at the airshows around the local area.

Thanks Nighthawk Calling 1...I grew up close to Binbrook so the Lightning was a common sight in the airspace over our house!

Excellent job.  I spotted the bonnet of a Landy in one of the photos, what with that, the Houchin and the building in the background,  it's raised the model to another level. :goodjob:

11 hours ago, FreightDog said:

Yep, that's a stunner. I've built that exact same GPU unit too and now I need a 60s jet to go with it....

Many thanks Freightdog......the GPU looks good alongside a Hunter as well!

11 hours ago, Panzerwomble said:

That's a mighty darn fine Lightning  - a great silk purse from a sow's ear of a kit .

I assume you know the real XN776 survives in Scotland these days . 

Thank you Panzerwomble! Yes I know she survives in a museum albeit in a strange shade of green!

Excellent Lightning, so good I thought the thread was starting with the real one! I also love all the extra bits you’ve included to add to the authenticity, well done for producing such a fine diorama. :clap2:

43 minutes ago, mozart said:

Excellent Lightning, so good I thought the thread was starting with the real one! I also love all the extra bits you’ve included to add to the authenticity, well done for producing such a fine diorama. :clap2:

Thanks for your kind comments mozart, much appreciated!