Border Models 1/32 Lancaster Coming This Week!!!!!

DrRizzo

Sent an email off to Andy about issues reported with kits having damage and he quickly responded that any problems would be handled expeditiously. Also he paid extra on his order to have kits sent in additional boxes. We shall see but I'm not concerned. And yes...still excited to dig into it!!

I hope you tell us about the kit when it arrives, Dr. Rizzo.

I have been following this kit with interest, simply because it is going to be ENORMOUS.

Something like 26" long and 38.25" wingspan!  Not a small kit! 

Have you given consideration to where and how you will display yours?

Just curious what your plan is. 

Hopefully Border kept the original WNW design on the wings where you could attach/detach the outer wing section near the 2nd engine. So the total wing length could be considerably shorter depending on how you want to display the kit.   

Paul

52 minutes ago, Paul2660 said:

Hopefully Border kept the original WNW design on the wings where you could attach/detach the outer wing section near the 2nd engine. So the total wing length could be considerably shorter depending on how you want to display the kit.   

Paul

It hasn't been change. Also I can't see why they would change it, as Border would have to retool quite a large chunk of the kit occurring more cost.,

The Lancaster arrived today and everything is intact! A card inside the box from Andy stated they inspected the clear parts before shipping to make sure there was no damage! That is one of many reasons I like to purchase from AndysHHQ. They really have outstanding customer service! This kit may be more than I can handle. It is HUGE and I'm not sure I have the talent to do it justice. I'll have to contemplate on this!

On 6/16/2022 at 1:33 PM, ringleheim said:

I hope you tell us about the kit when it arrives, Dr. Rizzo.

I have been following this kit with interest, simply because it is going to be ENORMOUS.

Something like 26" long and 38.25" wingspan!  Not a small kit! 

Have you given consideration to where and how you will display yours?

Just curious what your plan is. 

It's here and I'm overwhelmed by the size and detail of this monster. Not sure I have the talent worthy of the kit!

5 hours ago, DrRizzo said:

and I'm not sure I have the talent to do it justice.

that thought went through my head when the photos of the kit were released so I'm going to enjoy it using the alternative method, watch others build there kits !  Good luck, don't contemplate it, just dive in and have fun.

On 6/17/2022 at 6:32 AM, Dave J said:

It hasn't been change. Also I can't see why they would change it, as Border would have to retool quite a large chunk of the kit occurring more cost.,

I'm just really glad that the creativity and skill of so many people you'd worked with has finally seen the light of day.  I feel like it's something they deserve to see come to fruition.  I suspect we'll see a collective recognition of their efforts that might be afford them some pride and satisfaction.

It's great that there are people who can make such things.

Cheers Matty