1/32nd Mirage 2000D - Update 7th Aug

crobinsonh

It has been a long time since I did any modelling after caring for my father with my family for the best part of 18 months. I bought both the Mirage 2000C and the 2000D as I have always had a soft spot for Mirages. Along the way I have collected a fair bit of AM. Most importantly at this stage the amazing Mirage crew from Reedoak, the ejector seats from Eric Jolly and the Quinta Studios 3D decals for the cockpit.

I started with what I imagine will be the hardest part for me the figures as I am not figure painter. To go with the figures I also assembled and painted the cockpit.

To start with we have the cockpit sides, sprayed very dark gray and black and some chipping for wear and tear. Everything was brush painted with a matt GX varnish afterwards.

MwqXiF.jpg

VJuSNa.jpg

First off was the ejector seats from Eric Jolly - I added some additional small details (cables etc) and the Quinta seat cushions and signage.

CqmU9i.jpg

VjaIiN.jpg

Then I got down to starting with the figures using this video as an inspiration for techniques. 

Edited by crobinsonh

Second phase working on the main cockpit areas and additional work on the figures. These are Eric Jolly cockpit pieces with Quinta details.

xyy8GQ.jpg

More details added to the figures and placed onto the ejector seats with additional belt details.

oH0tSO.jpg

Aa3hxe.jpg

Note I did a bit of hacking to get the pilots legs in!

wnLz6d.jpg

Edited by crobinsonh

• 1 month later...

Did some more work a couple of weeks ago to keep the Mirage 2000D moving :-)

First the kit nose u/c and the first part of the main wheel wells.

YiRoWE.jpg

Now the resin parts for the engine. I apologise for the iPhone shots in natural light. You can just about see the detail in the main part of the engine.

GrC3m1.jpg

Edited by crobinsonh

• crobinsonh changed the title to 1/32nd Mirage 2000D - Update 7th Aug
  • 1 month later...