Messerschmitt Bf-109 E-3 BoB 1940 (eduard 1:32)

Borsos

Hello all!

oh really? A Bf-109? Woooow…. I know I know, this is nothing really very creative or exotic. And it’s Battle of Britain, too. But I like her anyway and this is actually my first Bf-109 I‘ve ever built. Finished some 2 years ago from eduard‘s Profi Pack and Andrea figures.
9d32ba1e-8547-493e-9y7jv0.jpeg
1e02abb0-cd68-4b91-9gxjv9.jpeg

9defbd26-eac9-49db-b5wj78.jpeg

bc1069db-4dd6-4277-8bik5h.jpeg

d8ac48f1-62f3-4ae2-a5qkdl.jpeg

31bc8ba3-af15-49c0-9wcjrw.jpeg

8050ee81-519e-4748-9aqkcb.jpeg

7918e49e-6d52-4e70-a5tkwf.jpeg

best regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

you are clearly very skilled with an airbrush and some of the effects are either very subtle or show great detail, or bits of both, for example the exhaust stains

however for me the panel line ‘quilted’ effect (preshading?) is the dominant thing I see on the model itself; for my personal taste it’s quite exaggerated and - in my opinion - doesn’t look that realistic

i do like the figures and the whole scene makes me think if you shot this in black and white it would like quite evocative of original photographs 

Thank you for sharing and I hope you take my critique in the constructive way it was meant

kind regards

Nick

15 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

Hi Andreas,

you are clearly very skilled with an airbrush and some of the effects are either very subtle or show great detail, or bits of both, for example the exhaust stains

however for me the panel line ‘quilted’ effect (preshading?) is the dominant thing I see on the model itself; for my personal taste it’s quite exaggerated and - in my opinion - doesn’t look that realistic

i do like the figures and the whole scene makes me think if you shot this in black and white it would like quite evocative of original photographs 

Thank you for sharing and I hope you take my critique in the constructive way it was meant

kind regards

Nick

Hi Nick, you’re completely right.  But I must add I am a lousy photographer (always wanted to be a better one but not willing to invest the necessary time to learn it). Ido all my model shots with my iPhone camera. In reality these effects luckily are less visible. 
kind regards, 

Andreas

super awesome - the figures are top notch too! great ensemble.! Nothing like an "E". ok the G's are kind of ... you know... not as aesthetically pleasing. But, yeah we all know there are so many BF-109s but honestly - they never get old. everyone has to do a 109 (I'm 1/2 way there) at some point. it's a right of passage. And they are cool with so many livery options... 

On 6/11/2022 at 11:00 AM, nmayhew said:

Hi Andreas,

kind regards

Nick

Well said!