1/32 Special Hobby Hawker Tempest Mk. V - Fairbanks JJ+F

Thunnus

On 6/10/2022 at 6:40 PM, chuck540z3 said:

Beautiful Tempest John!  I am always a big fan of your modeling skills, detailed in progress photos, explanations of same, and this final product which is exceptional in every way.   Congrats sir!

Cheers

Chuck

Thank you!  Likewise on being a fan of YOUR work, Chuck!

On 6/10/2022 at 9:16 PM, MikeMaben said:

Very nice John, all you need now is a museum to put it in.

It's certainly museum quality.

No museum but it will go to a nice loving home!

On 6/10/2022 at 10:09 PM, zaxos345 said:

Awesome!!!! :clap2::bow:

John

Thanks John!

On 6/10/2022 at 11:09 PM, Nighthawk Calling 1 said:

We are going to run out of superlative for this John, I'll add mine "O hell yes!!!, STUNNING".

Thank you very much!

On 6/10/2022 at 11:47 PM, dodgem37 said:

That is wonderful to behold.  Great show, John.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark!

On 6/11/2022 at 1:24 AM, Wackyracer said:

:bow::bow::bow: Smashed it again John, beautiful work, a joy to behold.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron!  Appreciate the support!

On 6/11/2022 at 1:52 AM, dennismcc said:

That really captures the powerful look of the Tempest, a work of art.

l6fpfU.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis!  She really is a powerful looking bird!  I regret that I wasn't able to incorporate the Barracuda corrected cowling but I think the re-shaped spinner helps with the visuals.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:53 AM, Hartmann52 said:

Sample! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thank you!

On 6/11/2022 at 8:04 AM, rowin said:

Oustanding work, John! As always!

I am a big fan of your modelling skills, you are on the top of my best modellers list. I am waiting for FW190A or Spitfire from you.

Cheers

Thank you!  I DO have a Hasegawa 190A-8 and also a Tamiya XVIe on the shelf for future builds so hopefully I'll get to those subjects soon!

On 6/11/2022 at 10:09 AM, Hoss FL said:

What a monster! Fabulous build, John. Congrats. The weathering is perfect. The flaps really make a difference due to their size and geometry. Wonderful. 

Thank you!  I think I could've done a little bit more weathering-wise but I pushed this one over the finish line just to get her done.

On 6/11/2022 at 4:44 PM, Citadelgrad said:

Really impressive outcome, John.  Your painting and weathering skills are just marvelous.  This is going to become a reference for hose of us with this in the stash.  

Thanks Bill!  The Special Hobby Tempest kit is a very interesting kit.  I found it very enjoyable to build.  Yes, there were some fit issues but I want to say that they were most often caused by the super-tight tolerances rather than sloppy engineering.

20 hours ago, Rockie Yarwood said:

Terrific build and finish, John! Have saved the entire WIP thread to my "inspiring builds" folder.

Thanks Rockie!

20 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

John,

It has been a tremendous  experience  and pleasure to watch and follow  this build.

:wub:

Your Hawker Temoest V has to be one of MY very best favorites ...

that engine is making ME drool and smile .

:yahoo:  Your  skills and expertise  in your builds are Commendable. 

These photographs  are another side to your SUPERB  talents.

STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS and Exciting  model to see.

:wow:

KUDOS 

:bow::bow::bow:

Thanks again!  The finished photos are always a revelation for me too.  It shows me things that turned out well and things that didn't.  High resolution photography of models can be very unforgiving! 

On 6/13/2022 at 10:43 AM, Sasha As said:

Wonderful job!!!

Thank you very much!

23 hours ago, Miloslav1956 said:

Excellent work! :clap2: :clap2:

Thank you sir!

19 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Wow, that really is one to savour, the Tempest is a real favourite of mine, outstanding, truly, outstanding.

Thanks for the kind words!

12 hours ago, alain11 said:

damned !!! what a beast !!!!!!hat off !!!! outstanding job :thumbsup:

It IS a bit of a beast!  It's a physically large aircraft and, hence, model.  And the solid resin engine also makes the model a bit hefty in terms of weight compared to my other builds.

5 hours ago, Daniel Iscold said:

Outstanding build!!! Now I can throw my Tempest in a trash bin:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you!  Nonsense about the trash bin... I thought your Tempest came out beautifully!  I really like the invasion stripes!

54 minutes ago, Brett M said:

Sheesh, that’s beautiful looking. Another brilliant build, nice work!

Thanks Brett!  I do like seeing the model under natural ambient light.  It gives a different look than when it is under the workbench lighting.

On 6/16/2022 at 5:43 PM, Uncarina said:

Well done John! Your perseverance paid off in spades.

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom! Like I've said, the Special Hobby Tempest is not a bad kit.  I actually think it is a good kit but the super tight tolerances that Special Hobby has engineered into the fit of the parts and the addition of some major aftermarket items like the resin engine and brass flaps led to some challenges.

16 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

A stunning build, John! If I hadn't already published Chuck's equally stunning build of this kit, this would be the one.

Kev

Thank you Kevin!  Chuck led the way with his marvelous Tempest and I think it makes for the perfect book due to the excellence of the build and documentation of the build process as only Chuck can do.

34 minutes ago, Mazi said:

Very nice :bow:

Thank you very much!