Treasure Ships found

LSP_Matt

I hope they were smart enough to leave the area and leave no record of where they were, then contact ALL countries who might make a claim, and pitch them a take it or leave it percentage, otherwise, it stays lost.  I've read horror stories of governments confiscating all of such booty. 

1 hour ago, Citadelgrad said:

I hope they were smart enough to leave the area and leave no record of where they were, then contact ALL countries who might make a claim, and pitch them a take it or leave it percentage, otherwise, it stays lost.  I've read horror stories of governments confiscating all of such booty. 

This article suggests that the source of photos is a Colombian government controlled expedition, it is not clear if it is a direct government action or, through government funded exploration by third parties but regardless, it looks to me like Columbia has already said “dibs”.

Above all for me, I love the documentaries about subjects like this, and I look foreword to seeing the whole store, and hopefully lots of high resolution imagery from the wreck site.

Edited by cbk57