1/32nd scale Short Sunderland MkII - ID Models (Tigger) vacform

4 hours ago, Rockie Yarwood said:

Just love your work on these behemoth projects, Tom. I may have to frame that picture of you and hang it on my "heroes wall"!

Ha! Something to throw darts at I suppose! 

2 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Amazing, Tom!

May I post it on the website?
:clap2::bow::clap2:

Thanks - and yes I’d be honoured. 

Tom

Tenacity + eye for detail + supreme modelling skills = one of the Greats on LSP.

Many congratulations Tom, makes me want to re-visit my Anson, but I’m retired for 12 years from teaching; I don’t have time now so heaven knows how you found the time even over two and a half years! 

On 6/12/2022 at 7:20 AM, mozart said:

Tenacity + eye for detail + supreme modelling skills = one of the Greats on LSP.

Many congratulations Tom, makes me want to re-visit my Anson, but I’m retired for 12 years from teaching; I don’t have time now so heaven knows how you found the time even over two and a half years! 

I was wondering where the Anson was and how it was going - I demand that you dig it out and get going as I was enjoying that project!

Time is indeed a bit difficult - hence the two-and-a-half year build time. I used to get through them much quicker before I had kids. :)

On 6/12/2022 at 5:41 PM, Troy Molitor said:

Cracking build from start to finish.  Well done Tom.  Where is this going now that it's finished?  

Thank you, Troy - this'll live in the loft with the rest of the big ones. I'm more or less out of space now, so it's time to start donating a few to museums...

Tom

I saw the kit in Dough Feeney's house, when he had ID models, and i was impressed by the amount of styrene plastic involved, and never thought it would be possible to create a Sunderland with what you had to play with, but this is amazing, a real gem, absolutely a winner!!!

Jack.....