how to get missing sprues from HK MODELS 1/32 B17-G

chris2962

can anybody help i was bought a 1/32 HK MODELS B17-G flying fortress by my late mother , on opening the box there is sprues G and K missing i tried to contact HKM but no response then tried the U.K. Bachmann Pocketbond they wanted to know where i got it from and the barcode on the box but i cannot do as 1 my mother is no longer with us so i cannot ask her ,2 my box has no barcode on it . if any body can help me kind regards chris.

Maybe watch eBay for kits that are stripped for selling sprues? There’s a couple of sellers there now with sprues.  Send them a message to see if they have what you need. 

Also, if not too long ago she got you the kit, are her bank accounts still active?  Can the person that handled the estate look through the account info for hobby purchases? 

Why no barcode?  Just none there or was it removed?  Send pics of the box to Bachmann and show them no barcode?  

• 3 weeks later...

still in limbo i have manage to to get a photo of a barcode for the HKM 1/32 B 17-G FLYING FORTRESS hoping to get help from bachmann.co.uk i sent it to them but no luck as want to know where the kit was bought from but as i keep telling them my late mother bought me it and no named label for a shop so i am still in limbo aaaaaarrrrggghhh.

10 hours ago, chrish said:

I doubt that’ll have any joy either. I lost a part for. B 17 F, my own fault and tried contacting HK to purchase the needed part…crickets.

Same with Heller.  Did the online parts needed form and nothing.  I’ve got the Concorde kit and it’s missing the windscreen. Bought the kit used, told them to invoice me and then send it.  Crickets also. 

Disclaimer:  mine is the Airfix kit, but Heller is the only one currently in production. Same kit, different company. 

Any chance you can replicate or scratchbuild the part?

Alternatively look at a 3D print or resin cast it. You could use an original part as a template. Someone might have a kit part they could lend you.

Matty

I may be able to help you both.  I had purchased an extra G by mistake.  I have been wanting to make Little Patches for quite some time.  If you both can PM me what parts you need from the G and F, I can let you know what if I can spare those for a reasonable price.

14 hours ago, nichenson said:

I may be able to help you both.  I had purchased an extra G by mistake.  I have been wanting to make Little Patches for quite some time.  If you both can PM me what parts you need from the G and F, I can let you know what if I can spare those for a reasonable price.

I personally thank you very much!

like you I (mistakenly) bought 2 kits (3 total) and ended up opening the spare kit “borrowing” a part from it and making a resin copy for the lost part. Long story short, I’m good. But thanks again!