1/32 Dassault Mirage F-1CZ from Scaleworx Resin Models

Kagemusha

13 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

In just a few days, I'll be seeing the Blue Angels flying Super Hornets here for the first time, and I'm so looking forward to that. We lucked out and got a pass to the FAA controlled side, so we'll basically be alone to see the performance up close and personal.

I last saw them in Charleston twelve years ago, flying the original Hornets. Utterly amazing. Have been toying with the idea of braving the allegedly borderline unbuildable big Revell Hornet F to do Blue #7. 

The Mirage F.1 has worn some fancy schemes too over the years, especially in the AdA. The about to be re-popped tiny Special Hobby kit (also stuffed into a Heller box) is drawing attention, and I'm also looking forward to seeing what Trumpeter do with the bigger Kitty Hawkversions. If they bought the CAD maybe they'd consider upscaling.

Tony

23 hours ago, Jack said:

well which Revell are you talking about, the "old" original revell release or the current Itateri one??

The current Italeri one which is also available reboxed by Revell. Fit and design are both poor.

20 hours ago, Tony T said:

The Mirage F.1 has worn some fancy schemes too over the years, especially in the AdA. The about to be re-popped tiny Special Hobby kit (also stuffed into a Heller box) is drawing attention, and I'm also looking forward to seeing what Trumpeter do with the bigger Kitty Hawkversions. If they bought the CAD maybe they'd consider upscaling.

Tony

That may be so but why build anything other than a SAAF F1 :-)

11 hours ago, GusM said:

Might be the same project but the quality of John's resin castings is far beyond any crude 3D printing. Buy with confidence.

I think 3d printing was only used for the master initial prototype. It was cautiously refined to become kit parts to cast in resin.

13 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I think 3d printing was only used for the master initial prototype. It was cautiously refined to become kit parts to cast in resin.

Yes, you're quite right Thierry. l kind of misunderstood the question as though it was referring to how the final product quality was.