1/32 Sea Harrier FA.2 kit review

turboprop4

Just completed a review of the pre-production sample for Alan Wilson's (Islandic Fine Art) upcoming release of the Sea Harrier FA.2. He's also working on an FRS.1 as well as a GR.3, all in 1/32 scale. Make sure to check out the video and contact Alan Wilson via email (alanwilson1959@mail.uk) or through the message board over on Britmodeller to get more information on these great kits and to reserve yours today. Production will be very limited.
Chad

It is great to see a Sea Harrier (particularly an FRS1) in 1/32. 

Having seen the same company's 1/32 Buccaneer however, you REALLY have to want the subject to tackle the kit as they most certainly aren't Tamiya. If you are comfortable with limited run kits however, then I am sure some of the master builders will work wonders on the subject.

Gary

I claim responsibility - seeing as I'm buying an FRS 1 conversion from Tigger - Ok it's a stretch!

The difference in quality from the Buc kit to these harriers is stunning - I'm having all 3 if at all possible 

Edited by Scotsman

For those who are interested in these 1st Gen 1/32 Harriers - there is an update from Alan Wilson, the gentelman behind IFA 

Hello All,

Things are moving a bit slow at the moment, thanks to Ben and Colin for their interest and I will supply details when the kits become available. Please note that there are no decals supplied, however, a decal manufacturer in the future may offer a set for sale. The actual cost of each kit is £125, which includes postage within the UK. I will release more details as they become available. For those who have difficulty in reaching me on britmodeller, send me an email to alanwilson1959@mail.uk

If you have the slightest intrust in these kits can I encourage all of you to have a look at the review video, The model looks absolutely beautiful and a huge step from the Buccaneer as regards quality 

Hello All,

This is my first visit here where the best modellers' hang out. An update, firstly, thanks to all those modellers who have and continue to support my efforts, without your support I would not be around. Secondly, the kits that IFA make, are garage made kits and as such are not mainstream kit standards, however, thy are not as bad as as a lot of modellers would have you believe, the kits simply require a different, more advanced approach and is ideally suited to proficient modellers, who I cater for and despite the disadvantages of garage kits, they can be made to look as good as the skill of modellers allow. It is the modeller that is the artist, who can bring to life such rare subjects and turn them into works of art, I am merely the hammer and chisel man that shapes it up but you, the modellers are the real artisans of your craft.

Kitsworld will offer decals for all 3 versions, which includes decals, cockpit decals, instrument panel decals, sidewall decals, seat harnesses details, all of them in 3d printed format, they will even offer canopy masks, all of which can be bought from them, when they become available. So we are moving in the direction modellers have pushed for.

Alan

Hello blackbetty,

It's great news that you are working on the Buccaneer, I have seen your Pucara, a fantastic build, looking forward to the Buccaneer, I shall be following it all the way. The Jaguar GR3 is about 3 months away from completion but I am not sure about release, just yet. I had to look at a lot of Jaguar aircraft, to work out some of the design problems; it seems there are no good representations of the Jaguar in any scale, manufacturers have been lazy in capturing the contours and lines of the actual aircraft, so it has taken me longer to calculate the geometry but I am getting there. There is an excellent example of a Jaguar GR3 in running condition, which I have been able to inspect and I am also now working with a NASA engineer, Chad Summers of FSM, he is a fantastic engineer and adds a new dimension to the design process.

Alan