Miss Jolly Roger

blackbetty

11 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Damm why didn't i think of that! - i used Plasticard with Archer Rivets, there's a lot reinforcing to be added to the airbrake which i'm sure you've picked up from research  - the link below is a decent starting point  - and good luck!

Air Brake pics

i´ve seen this (the site is my go-to for pics)

i just wasnt sure my buc had the reinforcement, pics of gulf war aircraft are scarce...

pics of gulf war aircraft are scarce

Very true - You might be right about the Gulf aircraft , I'm looking at some pics of Granby deployment , as I know you have been doign as well, and he back end is so dammed filthy you can't see a blessed thing on the brakes other than black smut!

in Alans instructions the reinforcements on the airbrake are labeled as "post-mod 1044". is that a point in time or airframe number?

how do i cross reference this to "Miss Jolly Roger" XW533?

XV532/U "Thamdu" seems to have it

This is really tremendous work. I have one in the stash and I'm very glad that Alan persevered with it - I know that it cost him a lot in not just financial terms. The cockpit actually looks pretty good but the usual concern is with the canopy and windscreen but from what I can remember Alan did a good job there to!