Miss Jolly Roger

blackbetty

• 1 month later...

Well after Corona i caught pneumonia, so i havent been able to do a lot of modeling.

however, a little update is due

after positioning the cockpit i made cutouts for the bomb bay and the rear part where the arresting hook is located. this is provided as a seperate part

cd9540219-029c41dd99a69df0404461840.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

i took as much care as possible to join the halves to get the panel lines to line up, not an easy task

here the bomb bay is fitted, i had to make a cut in front to narrow it down a little and make it fit

in hindsight i shoud have stuck to the plan to vacform the bay and fit it to the belly without cutting a hole

2ea144318-032fc452d063a72e082461844.jpg

You're brave! I put mine aside for some time. I want to open the airbrake but still do not know what's going to be the best option: 3d print (but this would be a nightmare to replicate in CAD), old way scratchbuilding with custom photo etched faces ou simply do everything in plasticard. Very probably I will simply go that last route even if that is not going to be easy! In any case, this is a nice kit but this asks for heavy work. Are you going to use FODs?

The FOD option always seemed like a cop out but it does cut out a huge amount of work 

Wish I'd had had the guts to cut out the bomb bay to fit the insert , it would have save a LOT of sanding = As for the airbrake - Close it - otherwise you'll never finish the model!

Edited by Scotsman