Dragon Messerschidt Bf 110D

Work has begun, but with some delay here is what I am working with.  Re aftermarket stuff, not sure yet what I will be using, but will mention when relevant.

The kit:

tDcUScX.jpg

The aftermarket stuff:

jxYlYQw.jpg

next update will be related to the cockpit, for which I shall be using the Quinta studio printed cockpit details.

• 1 month later...

Here are some pictures of the cockpit as promised - of course I failed to take them before glung the thing together, so some Klingon choice words followed once I realised this...

I used the Quinta Studio aftermarket set for this.  Can highly recommend this product

Pilot position:

FyCUpeu.jpg

E1a2Y5g.jpg

HUo5Ujp.jpg

The more observant amongs you may note that some levers are missing - the were eaten by the carpet monster after it snatched them away from me tweezers with a 'ping':BANGHEAD2:

I also noticed just denu that I failed to glue in the rudder pedals.  This is still possible, so I wrote it down on a post-it note and glued it onto me forehead - just hope it stays there until tomorrow morning ...

Edited by Landrotten Highlander

Pictures of the radar operators position:

xPkIAwn.jpg

nRJ6WHK.jpg

The seat on the left is for the radar operator, the one on the right for the gunner

pJEN4x0.jpg

I have since glued the contraption into the hull, hence I am still making progress on this buld.  So far I am pleased wth the fit of the components.

Edited by Landrotten Highlander

16 hours ago, mozart said:

Excellent LH. I’ll say this very quietly so that Andy doesn’t hear…….I wouldn’t bother with the rudder pedals if I were you, no one can see them! 

Max is right you know, you really can't see them :rolleyes: also going down that route I would suggest only adding the front pair of handles from the Quinta set to the ammo cannisters stored on the rear firewall as a)the rest can't be seen and b) they are a pain to fit

Lovely looking cockpit and coming together very nicely!

Regards. Andy 

4 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Max is right you know, you really can't see them :rolleyes: also going down that route I would suggest only adding the front pair of handles from the Quinta set to the ammo cannisters stored on the rear firewall as a)the rest can't be seen and b) they are a pain to fit

Lovely looking cockpit and coming together very nicely!

Regards. Andy 

I came to the same conclusion.  Only did the 2 first pairs as you can see them when looking parallel with the longitudinal axis of the plane.  Did not see any point of doing more as the rest is completely covered by the top panel behind the cockpit.

• 3 weeks later...

So fitted the cockpit and the horizontal tailplane, painted the interior framework of the greenhouse and fitted to the model.  Then temporarely fitted the nose to the airframe and blocked off all holes with white glue (wet paper towel for the wing parts) and sprayed the primer coat on.

5JDs1Pn.jpg

ThA70mD.jpg

5QbdU9e.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TupDGeS.jpg

Double checked all my repairs with putty to make sure they became invisible, and am now ready for painting the airframe.  I added some antennas hopinig I do not damage them duringthe painting process, or when I glue on the wings etc....  As you can see, I have put some camouflage templates ready for what I hope will add interest to an otherwise boring black plane...  (More on that later)

p9O077p.jpg